1982 Naked Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been out at the Friday night bike get together, just got in.
Bike rides fine. I have not been pushing it tell I get the new tires mounted. Some one checked the front and found it is 13 yrs old, I knew it was bad but never looked at the date code. So I will be taking it a little easier or not riding it at all tell new rubber next week.
At this time it's hard to compare until I have more ride time, Put maybe 30 miles so far.
Thanks for all the Good Words.
I'll post more pictures when the new rubber is mounted and give a ride report after that.
I plan to ride it to NACOGDOCHES, TX Friday 28th for a Saturday get together,
All are welcome!
https://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104844
chevron_zps5umjc500.jpg

I have to fab some brackets, but I have the lights. Maybe tomorrow after work I can make them and get them on by the weekend.
Here in Texas they are not needed, but I will be putting them on.

With the new tires mounted I fill more confident to ride more spirited. The more I ride it the lighter it feels. It tracks though the corners, taking up the surface changes and road bumps great. I’ve got the pressures in the suspension set good, but the seals in the front need to be changed, I may be putting in progressive spring at the same time. On the freeway up to 65 mph it’s pretty steady but after that the wind and buffeting from it being naked starts to take its toll.

I do have a problem with the front wheel, it is not true. It had a bad wobble with the old tire and I was hoping it was the old tire, but with the new tire it is not as bad, you can see the wheel wobble and after 65 mph you start to fill it in the handlebars. A new wheel is in its future and no freeway speeds.

The tires give the bike the look I had hoped for. They are noisy but they handle and track well. How long are they going to last? I’ll find out.

I have turn signals ready to be put on but talking to those that have seen the bike I think I going to leave them off for now.

I’m still working on something to put on the tank/cover. I’ve heard Star, bomber noise art, military insignia and …??…. Nothing sounds good, so it will stay plan for now.

I would say it is completed but for fork seals and a front wheel.

Will post more pictures, just need to take them I've been to busy riding.

Thanks for all the help and hope to see you out on the roads.

I have a 71 CB750 Hardtail Chopper that need to be finished and looking at a ’85 BMW K100rs to café.

Could use amber led strips up the radiator side scoops as signals along with mini signals on either side of the tail light. I put big Staff Sergeant chevrons on my old chevy vega back in the day.

The brace would not fit with the fender.
I had some LED spot lights to mount on it.
Still have the brace and lights, need to look and see if I can mount it with a little trimming.

Had to work yesterday so I hope to take some pictures of the bike when I get in from work.

Wheel has been ordered should be here Friday.
May get it mounted and able to ride to Nacogdoches Tx Saturday.

Latest posts