1982 Naked Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing much happened with the Goldwing this weekend. Need to get a couple of HVAC side jobs so I can get the water pump ordered or if some outstanding invoices get payed.
Did trade the KLR in for a 05 Triumph Tiger Friday. What a difference, like going from a old plan jeep to Land Rover.

TigerLeft_zps0c763486.jpg

All right water pump in and all checked. Started right up no problems, ran for about 10 min., fan turned on, and I spun the rear though all the gears, no funny sounds. Next front brakes then tires and all the nik-nak's.
I think I am going to need a front master cylinder.

It is starting up every time I think to go out and try , no leaks or drips. Fuel gauge working but temperature gauge not, need to check sending unit. Will be ordering front brake caliper kits and an after market master cylinder.
The 14mm are a hole lot cheaper then the 16mm.
Will I see that much difference if I go with the 14mm? It has the unlinked (to the rear) twin piston calipers.

Since you are pushing two calipers up front. I'd go with the bigger master. A few extra bucks for better stopping power is a real good investment. These are heavy bikes and don't stop like the sport bikes in the best of conditions.

Little bit of work on the bike today. Oiled the cables. Had the clutch cable undone for oiling when I put it back on the plates had locked up and would not release. (The bike has been starting right up and I have been running it though the gears no problems for the last week on the bench) I got the clutch to release. 2 x 4 pressed to hold the wheel, put in gear with the clutch pulled in (Running), did not take much to get the plates to release.

I now have the neutral coming on when I pull the clutch in. If I let it out it goes out, it does not matter what gear it is in it still lights up when I pull the clutch lever in. It had not been doing it before. Can shift it though the gears when it's not running and it is fine. There is no load on the rear tire on the bench it is just free spinning.

What can be loading up neutral switch?

Hope it goes away and is nothing wrong.

Looks like when I re-installed the clutch cable after oiling and adjusted it properly the switch is operating now.
Where in the harness is the diode located and what does it look like?

Slow going, Riding the Tiger and waiting for some outstanding invoices to come in. Have the front brakes off and ready for cleaning. Still starts every time I ask it to.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104706#p104706:1q3tmmkm said:
TossingLead » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:14 pm[/url]"]It's a love hate relation with new toys (hate is the wrong word)

He who has the most toys wins....

^^^December 2013! Wow!^^^

I guess life and riding have got in the way.

Well the carbs were drained back then.

The last couple of weeks
I fired it up, runs good, ordered a master cylinder, and front caliper kits.
Got the front brakes working, backed it off the bench.
Painted the tin. Picked up some bolts and nuts.
Ordered a throttle tube assembly.
Might see the road soon but I thought that while back.
D88BAEC8-8C19-41CB-A686-1A8627CD78CA_zpsjvasppqr.jpg

Latest posts