1982 Naked Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few minutes and went out and removed the bowls not sure what I would find. Bikes been sitting for 3 plus years.
I'm HAPPY! This things are GREAT!

2C9AF53A-0A25-4D42-8F30-59A5B3CD4D86-4867-00000A0B4E409524_zpsced441b0.jpg

I've not been so lucky in the past, lost two bodies.

IMG_0354.jpg

Good hard work is great, but you can't beat good luck!! :good: :salute: :good:

Carb. on the #2 cylinder has a stuck pilot screw I've oiled, heated, drilled (broke an easy-out off) and it is not coming out ( Red Loc-Tite?) Been cleaning out the brass but I think I am to far gone to save the carb. body.

Any help or suggestion.

CD1746D7-AA74-4C71-A085-7591398C094D-9103-000012EBEE820A2E_zpsf01cc063.jpg

Leave it for now and if the bike still idles well ride it. If not you may need to replace that carb or the whole rack. If the carb is otherwise clean it's probably okay to use. I'd run with atf in the fuel to keep it all clean and serviceable as long as possible.

If you do leave it I would take a piece of small tubing and manually blow through the pilot making sure it is all clear, not sure what`s hanging it up but the aluminum can oxidize and leave passages blocked. I would slash cut the tubing and blow through the little holes in the throat too, feel for an even flow with the other carbs.
There are people out there with piles of parts carbs..I`m not one of them but you might put a shout out here and on NGWF. There was a fella over there a few months ago had probably 300 pounds of carbs and parts for sale.
I`m also thinking the 80-82 has the fixed emulsifier and the 83 has the type the is part of the pilot jet, don't know if they are interchangeable with your other carbs but the pilot screw setting is different on the 83`.

Thanks for all the responses and PMs. I think I will leave it as is, clean it and worry about it later. Time to move forward and see if this thing runs. Should have time Sunday to see if it starts and runs.

It fire up tonight ran about 30 secs, no odd noises, and sounded good.
Need to work out some wiring but it came to life!
Will work on the wiring tomorrow and start it again..

Started her up this morning ran about 7mins no leaks. :clapping:
Shut her down and let set.
Checked fluids and I've got water in the oil. :Awe:
Pulled the plugs, all good.

Water pump?

Drain the coolant,pop the lower rad hose connector cover off, two bolts, reach in with finger and see if the impellar wiggles up down or side to side, see if the weep hole is stopped up on bottom of trans cover, underneath the water pump, if it is unstop it and see what leaks out.

Latest posts