1985 LTD 2018 Fall Work Period

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short update - Shinko tires on and balanced with CounterAct beads. Recommended is 2 ounces per tire. Took it for a road test - shake at about 130 Kms/hr. Put another 1/4 ounce in the front - road test this morning - had it up to 150 Km/hr - smooth. Think all is well. Won't be travelling at this speed, so good to go.

Still troubleshooting the cruise system. The analogue Km odometer is not working. More investigation required.

Took the front fairing off the other day to install the cruise indicator relay. Dealer had me make an offer, $20.00 for this NOS relay instead of the $140.00 list, said okay. Think I jostled the 6 pin connector for the signals because the signals weren't working. These connectors are sure finicky.

Have asked my parts guy to let me know what other items he has in his obsolescence parts bin(s). He mentioned that after a while, these parts are binned

Researching an EFI upgrade for this bike - see my thread at: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13534 Going to be a good project.

More to follow.

Cheers

Had a look at cylinders 1/3 yesterday. Leaned the bike over on the right side, propped up with 2X4, and left it overnight. No oil in either cylinder so the only offending cylinder is #2. Will still be doing a cylinder hone and new rings this fall. The fact that cylinders 1/3/4 are good indicates to me that all four cylinders should be good and should not need to be machined. Other than this annoying inconvenience, the bike is running well.

Cheers

Latest posts