'85 1200 Fuel Injection System On An '83 1100?!?!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be fine having separate intakes, the only reason to have a plenum before the butterflies is to keep a single air cleaner. You will still need to sink them all. Keep after it, it looks good :clapping:

There is only one sync adjustment - right-left balance. The throttle bodies are a single casting with no adjustment between throtle plates. There is also a small vacuum hose connecting the two intakes, and has a T fitting and hose for the manifold pressure sensors. This should keep the 2 cylinders balanced at idle.

One thing the plenum does is support the throttle linkage. I could fabricate a bracket, I suppose. A little at a time...

that don't seem to bad steve ....put the linkage on and see where the new pivot point is ..also looks like it could be rotated too if one wanted to ...for reason of hook up ease ...not saying there is one

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100954#p100954:35w7pisl said:
ekvh » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm[/url]":35w7pisl]
Snow flurries for the last three days here. UGH> I'll put on my skates. Hey, I'll send it your way.
Hey thanks for the offer really but I won't mind if the white stuff stays north. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100971#p100971:1m2xnss6 said:
ekvh » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:26 pm[/url]":1m2xnss6]
Sorry, it's in the mail.
:crying: :crying:
oh by the way.
:0fftopic:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100972#p100972:2ekczgj9 said:
slabghost » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 am[/url]":2ekczgj9]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100971#p100971:2ekczgj9 said:
ekvh » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:26 pm[/url]":2ekczgj9]
Sorry, it's in the mail.
:crying: :crying:
oh by the way.
:0fftopic:
That's what makes this forum so friendly :good: Hard to search but FRIENDLY :yahoo:

Actually, the plenum has available air for the engine to use so that there will be no lag in acceleration that air is after the air filter.

Cam sensor and crank sensor, one will control ignition and one will control fuel delivery timing. The pulse width, or on time dwell on the injector will be a calculated value based on engine RPM, throttle position sensor, coolant temp. To put it in very simple terms, think of a checker board as the graph for fuel and ignition. Have two kings only. One is for fuel, the other ignition. The strategy for placement on the board will be based on inputs from the sensors.

Does anyone out there have a 1200 carb plenum handy? I'm wondering if the carb openings and bolt spacings are the same as the ones on my throttle body plenum - if so, I'll get one to cut instead of this one.

One thing I've noticed is that this unit does not have the secondary air tubes that attach to the heads next to the intakes. Is this rare? Most pics of 1200 heads I've seen have the holes for them.

:laptop: :read: :headscratch:

These are approx measurements due to inexpensive tools to use. Bolt spacing cnt to cnt carb to plenum is 62mm. The picture shows inside to inside measurement. I forgot to take the cnt to cnt pic. Dummy me.
IMG02475-20131022-2317.jpg

Plenum opening to carb is 46mm

Outside carb opening to outside carb opening is 146 mm
IMG02477-20131022-2319.jpg

I think I've scored an entire fuel system from an '85 1200 LTD, so I'll have pretty much everything I need to make this work - except now I'm thinking of using 1200 heads, mainly for port matching and the cam sensor mount. Anyone ever used 1200 heads on an 1100? Pros? Cons? The idea of hydraulic valve adjusters is kinda cool. Am I a complete idiot for even trying this? Well, I'm having fun, so I guess that counts for something...

Are you not worried about the reduced oil pressure from the 1200 hydraulic lifters like your drilled bearing shells? :smilie_happy:

Latest posts