"Barn Find 1977 GL1000 loaded

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C5Performance

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was actually stored outside under a tarp for the past 8-9 years.

Has anyone ever seen this trunk manufacturer?
It also has hard bags with snap on vinyl covers.
image.php

Google posts says Califia made bags, panniers, trunks for beemers, guzzies, honda 1000 in late seventys and they were used on a lot of the police cycles. All I could find out,

here are a few. I have more in my album.

i grabbed it for just $250 but no title. I know how to get one, so i think i will part out or sell my 77 Wing and put the sidecar on this one instead. It has alot less miles on it and is nicer.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92132#p92132:2t2iias2 said:
backlander » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm[/url]":2t2iias2]
Google posts says Califia made bags, panniers, trunks for beemers, guzzies, honda 1000 in late seventys and they were used on a lot of the police cycles. All I could find out,

Thanks for the research. I have never seen a hard bag with a soft lid. Strange. Plus this bike is loaded with chrome goodies and custom pinstriping. I almost hate to rip it all off and build a dirtbike out of it.

The pictures in the posts show hard lids, someone might have lost one or both originals and had the soft covers made. I agree, that's a bike with a lot of potential, almost to pretty to strip.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92151#p92151:6t1skbbc said:
brianinpa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 am[/url]":6t1skbbc]
Nice looking bike for $250. Dirt bike?????

Right now i have a '77 and we're building an offroad style rig to test our ignitions. I want full knobby tires, skidplates, relocated vents for rearend and engine. The kind of Ural type motorcycle that can be used for exploring Michigans rugged Upper Penninsula.

Now that i have this bike, i was thinking about using it instead. It's only got 38K miles, i prefer spoked rims when riding in rocky areas, and unfortunately that would require removal of the fairing, trunk, seat, and saddlebags. We are using military ammo cans and a motocross style flat seat with straighter handle bars for offroad navigation.

Unfortunately i am the guy who likes to preserve nice older bikes and this one is almost too nice to molest the way i have planned.
My '78 was not in good condition and has 60k miles on it. But i hate the mag rims for off roading and dont really need two Wings.

The bags look a lot like 1100 hard bags to me. Would need a pic with the made up vinyl covers removed to tell for sure.
Trunk I have no idea, need better pic of that also, more straight on from the back.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92170#p92170:1ck49252 said:
C5Performance » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 am[/url]":1ck49252]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92151#p92151:1ck49252 said:
brianinpa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 am[/url]":1ck49252]
Nice looking bike for $250. Dirt bike?????

Right now i have a '77 and we're building an offroad style rig to test our ignitions. I want full knobby tires, skidplates, relocated vents for rearend and engine. The kind of Ural type motorcycle that can be used for exploring Michigans rugged Upper Penninsula.

Now that i have this bike, i was thinking about using it instead. It's only got 38K miles, i prefer spoked rims when riding in rocky areas, and unfortunately that would require removal of the fairing, trunk, seat, and saddlebags. We are using military ammo cans and a motocross style flat seat with straighter handle bars for offroad navigation.

Unfortunately i am the guy who likes to preserve nice older bikes and this one is almost too nice to molest the way i have planned.
My '78 was not in good condition and has 60k miles on it. But i hate the mag rims for off roading and dont really need two Wings.

Oldwing offroad hack!
That must be formidable.