couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok eric i check the shock out it is just an illusion ...there is no difference in shock mount from the 1200 final to 1500 final ...this comes out just like stock .... :mrgreen:

im a bit not feeling good today ...but there quite a lot to do yet ...and some of the things actually hurt my health so like brake fluid ..messing with the caliper actually made me down today i wish i had someone to help me pass the brakes and clutch stuff ...i was hoping to get the front change today as it was all wrecked but couldnt go today ...measuring the shock is about all im going to do today .... :BigGrin:

pics of the c5 install m series
image.php

clean up ignition housing so it fit good and flat

image.php

installed on 1000 head

image.php

pic of spacers provided ...nicely done ..first spacer with slot goes on iginition stem ....then next spacer ....washer goes on after disc dose

image.php

pic of m series installed in housing after spacers are on ignition shaft

image.php

pic of washer and ignition stem bolt also. I used a couple extra washers I had to satisfy what I thought would secure it down good .

image.php

disc installed ..this is the most important part ...the disc is thin and its important to get it lined up and right ..for sure don't want to bend anything ..also disc on this is not quite centered ...more like like 2/3 below disc ...and 1/3 above disc i think this is good enough as long as the disk doesn't rub ..Paul might read this post and give his thoughts here ...i tried to take pic of this ..just didn't come out good at all ....tomorrow i will mount coil and time it all ..following the instructions to never have coils plugged in while timing the disc and cinching it down ... :builder: :thanks:

We like to place the disc just below center. As you described, about 1/3 up from the decal.

I don't think that Goldwing cams "walk out" under acceleration but many cams or distributors do. By positioning the encoder a bit low, the disc will never contact the reader under throttle. I do this a bit by habit.

Also, if the customer did not install a base gasket on the housing, or a cam was slightly "tall" compared to most, you can always use a shim washer to raise the encoder. If it was too tall, you'd need to mill or sand it shorter. Not every customer has the tools to modify a spacer.

Good eye Joe! Thanks for posting this so others know what to expect.

first i want to make this statement ....it is great that c5 makes it possible to install this ignition in our oldwings.....no matter how much one has to go through to adapt to your bike ....the whole idea one can get this ignition to operate a oldwing is just fantastic....i know of no product where the people involve have worked so hard to accommodate our bikes ...for one to expect plug and play on all aspects is rather like the saying ...you dont want to much do you....the 1200 dresser and other dressers are so much crammed together more so than the 1000s ....it really up to us to cover some aspects of making this fit ....it to much to expect total plug and play from paul and c5 ...truth is he got all the fantastic hardware to bring our 40 yr old bikes to above todays standards...with all the talent i think i or anyone has we can not come close to power arc products and c5 so one has to realize with talent we can do to fit this bring power acr to the table ....i hope that worded right ...it is total credit to all involve that bought this box to my door for the jyd build .....pics coming i finally got down to where i want the coils to be ..for this build ... im sure other 1200 owner would choose not to take some of the parts off that i do ....and would do differently ...there is simply no one way ... :thanks:

pics
image.php

theres actually stock coils in there :hihihi:

image.php

coils gone

image.php

some more stuff remove and last of the heat shield too...i think this is best for jyd and good access to plug into coils with wires...theres a lot of stuff to mount else where and ill deal with that ... :builder: :thanks:

yep weather warmer now to warm lol... well been awhile ..but time to get back to this jyd build ...m series c5 is waiting for completetion ...the carb and manifold did great back last winter ...the videos in this thread proves that for those who havnt heard this build run ...the 1500 final and wheel, brake bracket work and rotor ...is some awesome work ..should have some nice road gearing bump ..just right id say ...for the motor it has ... fixing to throw some refreshed effort in this build ... :useless: got to get a camera going mines doa :nea:

Wanna talk about a blast from the past? I actually (somehow) missed this thread.

But, I just wanted to resurrect it for a couple of reasons:

1) It was very, VERY common to get the old 1200's pinstriped. Some jobs were done nicely. Some were not. The Interstate Joe drug home on page one of this thread is probably one of the worst 1200 pinstripe jobs I've ever seen. A graffiti artist could have done better. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest.

2) What ever happened to these bikes? Sorry I missed the show.

Latest posts