Cruisin' on the Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":2vi5y8fi said:
Looks like you got the camera cleaned eh Ron?

Nope, just a lot of photoshop'n. I tried to do some cleaning myself, but mostly I just sorta moved the dust around. I'll just have to take it in to a camera shop one of these paydays.

The photos don't do justice. It's like trying to share perspective through a keyhole. I think I need to start getting into stitching for panoramic views.

paddy.shadow":w773u079 said:
I road that too many times to count, thanks for the memories.....
Then you remember riding in and out of fog banks. :wave:

image.php

I find myself wanting to stop and take pictures around every curve.

Just a little 50 mile ride early this morning, no pics this time just a run on the freeway to get a feel how the rebuilt heads are running and break them in a bit.
Early Sunday mornings sure is a nice time to ride, cool and no traffic.

Getting a bit more tapping from the rockers now at idle but will run it more before checking lash.

dan filipi":3oe0egqd said:
Just a little 50 mile ride early this morning, no pics this time just a run on the freeway to get a feel how the rebuilt heads are running and break them in a bit.
Early Sunday mornings sure is a nice time to ride, cool and no traffic.

Getting a bit more tapping from the rockers now at idle but will run it more before checking lash.

I like mornings before the rest of the world wakes up.

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking more and more about the cam upgrade. Like maybe a regrind to the 1200 specs.

There seems to be something stopping me from posting pics. I'm in a strange place, and useing a strange computer. But here is a link to my wanderings last weekend.

Totally unplanned, no water, no cell phone, no GPS, a tire plug kit, a can of Fix-A-Flat, and a small compressor I dug out of the trash that starts to struggle at about 30 psi. Basically just me and my 83. Anything more than a small puncture in a tire and I would have had no less that 10+ miles to walk exposed to the elements. The bike never let me down. I have a new respect for this 1983 Honda GoldWing Interstate.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronhip/sets/72157627609945764/

scdmarx":16gerew0 said:
There seems to be something stopping me from posting pics. I'm in a strange place, and useing a strange computer. But here is a link to my wanderings last weekend.

Totally unplanned, no water, no cell phone, no GPS, a tire plug kit, a can of Fix-A-Flat, and a small compressor I dug out of the trash that starts to struggle at about 30 psi. Basically just me and my 83. Anything more than a small puncture in a tire and I would have had no less that 10+ miles to walk exposed to the elements. The bike never let me down. I have a new respect for this 1983 Honda GoldWing Interstate.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronhip/sets/72157627609945764/
Here here Ron! I could not agree more! (And pretty much did in the thread about breakdowns :hihihi: )

nice video i just came in from working on the 77 and this pumps me up to get back out and finish putting it together ....your quite the rider that was some fancy cornering in my book..... :mrgreen:

I just came in myself from working on the bike (think i need a new battery). It was a nice "wish I was there video". You throw that bike around real nice. Makes me feel like I need training wheels.
:smilie_happy:

Setting off for Mt. Rushmore in the morning, and it appears we will be riding in the rain for most, if not all day.....I can't wait :yahoo:
We got new rain gear, and The Mr.s let me get a new modular helmet...love it! got our swag from Leatherup.com....seems like good stuff cheap!

Pictures of some great fall colors and the bike during our outting today...
55 degrees, no wind and loads of sun!
322262_236711013055430_100001495989002_689864_1544704962_o.jpg

IMG_20111030_170007.jpg

323338_236711483055383_100001495989002_689879_1674262710_o.jpg

337044_236712893055242_100001495989002_689915_868536394_o.jpg

Another gorgeous fall day with the wife and Sally out on a fall ride....Today, we had a mission to go and look at a VERY yellow 76 GL1000 that I have the chance to pick up for 600 bucks....Cosmetics are great, but it needs a bit of mechanical tlc..oil change, carb cleaning etc....It does start and run!. Fairly low miles too..49,700....Yellow paint on the bike is stock color, but the Vetter equipment is custom painted...Looks like a big yellow 2 wheeled banana :smilie_happy: This will be a nice base for my naked cruiser. It needs tires and the chrome is good, although a lot of elbow grease to get shiny again, but overall a good solid bike to start with...Now, what to do with the Vetter luggage? I'm keeping the fairing!
yellow2.jpg

yellow1.jpg

Latest posts