Littlebeavers Brake pedal Modification

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
Again I shall say, this is mine , for me, I designed this to my likeing and needs, first off, I have some big ass feet 14" so I just get sick and tired of flopping those 14" feet around the plateform to brake...I had enough of that crap, it's totally unnecessary in my opinion....I just hate having to raise my foot off the platform is all..[Lazy] I designed my shifter so I could touch it with my heel so I know where it's at and it's simple to shift, I also lowered it 2 1/2" from the normal spot, so now on the brake pedal, I did something different, I fastened a piece of heavy flat stock to the top of the pedal and bolted it to the pedal, I angled the flatstock out to where my heel would be and I added a wood block to it for added pressure [no need to do that],,boy oh boy these freakin brakes stop real nice now with a touch of my heal, see fella's i wanted to just use my heel to brake, raise it up and put it down....Simple as pie..and man it works fantasicly...Here are some photo's...With a trailer in tow you better have some good braking,,,, if not you could crash and burn..
image.php

image.php

Good idea...I may steal it.... :blush:
Might be better if the block was rounded, tho? I'd hate to think my big tootsies might get caught on it, and not be able to move....? :headscratch:

:music: Looks good beave - is there any part of the bike you haven't modified yet? :music:

Size 14? ..... You know what they say about guys with big feet ?

|
|
|
V

They say - "hey that guys got big feet !!!! "
:smilie_happy: :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :yahoo:

Yeah, I really don't need the block there at all, I just placed it there so it would give more of a push down when you put pressure on it, It wowed me, what a major change in braking now, I simply raise my heel and push down, finally braking with comfort, yeah it, looks a bit funny but I can care less about that, it's function far outweighs the cosmetic appeal....I want to find a rubber square peg to mount there now, anyone have an idea what I can use...I found raising my foot to brake delayed reaction time, this is faster for sure..it's fine if you have pegs, but with the floorboards this mod. helps...

1060dsl":skkzxex6 said:
:music: Looks good beave - is there any part of the bike you haven't modified yet? :music:

|
|
|
V

No silly rabbit they say I bet that guys wife's happy... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :clapping: No they say guys with big feet are stupid... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :clapping:

I'm sick like Joe... :smilie_happy: Very ill in the head,,Goldwing fever.. :smilie_happy: Everytime I try to sleep I see the old lightbulb again.... :shock: can't sleep too many ideas to complete... :shock:

they used to have a show called "Leave it to Beaver"

we should makeone that says leave it alone beaver !

:smilie_happy: JK your mods are inspiring :good:

(not inspiring enough to make me want to go out and do them but inspiring all the same)

1060dsl":2cgf2d97 said:

|
|
|
V

No they say. That fellow has lots of understanding. :hihihi: :smilie_happy:

Ok, fella's help me out, what can I use for a good foot pedal??? Think.....What about a wide footpeg [highway peg]??? Or maybe a accellerator pedal off a vehicle fastened to the flatstock..????

Beave....check out the "Help" section at your local PepGurls/Autozone, etc. They have replacement rubber pads for parking brakes that might fit on your metal pad there nicely, or close enough. I need to get a couple for my heel/toe shifter, and that's what I plan on using....

Latest posts