Littlebeavers Brake pedal Modification

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joel that a grand idea...Maybe I could go to the junk yard and look around until I find what I'm looking for.. Or, A brake pedal maybe, just cut off the arm flush at the base, remove the rubber cover from the plate, fasten the plate where I want it and place the rubber back on...Yes...Perfect..

mwbill37841":23qdu2s9 said:
try a couple of cookie sheets 9by 14 should work. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: would also double as wind deflecters.
Cookie sheets .....My Word....funny :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

I like the idea... I have a heal rest mounted to the original peg location and sometimes wonder why I need to lift my entire foot just to apply the break (I know, my laziness is showing). I am going to have to give this a try.

Well I just love the fact that I can get on that brake a lot faster now and I can really put some pressure down on it with my heel rather than my toe in a tight spot... Looks like hell, but I can care less about that....works great...

littlebeaver":3gyjsifi said:
mwbill37841":3gyjsifi said:
try a couple of cookie sheets 9by 14 should work. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: would also double as wind deflecters.
Cookie sheets .....My Word....funny :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: that's funny right there :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

same for me with ~ thirteens, stock locations for braking/shifter controls with floorboards just didn't work,

another option is to go with diff engine guards, the stock ones were totally in the way of where my feet rested naturally

with the aft ends of the stock engine guards outa the way, my feet end up very close to the controls then i can heel brake and also have my shifter set up that way, as in heel shifting

still not quite right yet though, i'm using flat alum bar stock for final adjustments, need the shifter out a few inches etc

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 133
here's what i'm working with

Attachments

• P7050010[1].JPG
    P7050010[1].JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 90
  • P7050009[1].JPG
    P7050009[1].JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 93