My build (another one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I had the inner tank cover frame powederd a couple of weeks ago in an ivory colour see the following three pics.

The frame when striped down and repaired if needed (side stand needs looking at) will then be powdered in the same ivory colour.

I have some Black Cherry Candy that I would like as the main colour, I think that with the frame it will stand out.

There is some rust rot on the false tank frame on the top of it, not sure yet if I should try and get a better frame ?

Was that powder coated originally from new and if so how are you stripping it before the new powder coating is applied? I am beginning to think that you own a powder coating company Ian. Sounds like a great colour combination :good:

No the PC was not original it was a black colour to match the frame, so what I want is to achieve a frame and internals to be the ivory with all exterior in the cherry black candy. a lot of chrome and polished aluminium.

Black Cherry Candy the same as all external panel's. And yeah I was a bit worried about it but at the end of the day that rust has now been stopped. It was blasted first the immediately powdered so the "rust should not continue. as for the paint look here although it is on a HD 97 sportster, still he's half way there with the colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYc1t3VYvNc

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103205#p103205:2xw4wz6t said:
Ansimp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 pm[/url]":2xw4wz6t]
Was that powder coated originally from new and if so how are you stripping it before the new powder coating is applied? I am beginning to think that you own a powder coating company Ian. Sounds like a great colour combination :good:

Hi the guy that does it uses a fine blast to clean off the rust and old paint, as you know the problem with stripping to bare metal is that it needs to be done straight away or same day otherwise it will start to rust. The man I use is so cheep, he did the false tank frame, all the hinges and the fuel filler top (the long plate) for £30.00 If you look else where on here you will find the fuel filler cover been recovered but I wasn't happy, had to take it all off including paint. so he re blasted and powdered it for £5.00.

That is now waiting to be re done, so I have started on the speedometer and rev counter with new faces I got. But I have encountered another problem. see the picture(s).

I bought a replacement speedo as mine got broke (my fault) and as I intend to use new ancillary meters VDO Cockpit Royale I couldn't at the time get a water temp meter (they do one now) so I am going to use the Royale set with Oil pressure, Volts and fuel. The water temp I have solved but getting the Rev counter with the built in temp gauge. Hence the need to change the faces of the Speed and Rev meters to white faces. But the rev counter has a rubber damper inside the rim of the holder, hence see picture, why doesn't the speedo have one and can they be got as I want to re chrome the meter bases.

new meters

Rubber damper

The damper seams to be glued in at the bottom not the sides.

So today I started the continuation of my strip down, I'm 64 this year and have a lot of problems, but I can still swing a hammer, rubber or metal. So I got the old top rack box and mount off, took me three hours and I still had to use a grinder at one point, so that's one domed cap nut that wont be re used. Tail light off, another hell job, it is amazing what happens to threads and nuts after standing for 15 years.

My garage is 5 minutes walk away from where I live so no electricity only from a genny. So I have got as far as the rear mudguard is now off, tail light, but I can't get the top mount off the shocks. I have the domed nuts off but they are well and truly frozen on with rust. I am looking at a pair of air shocks of a GL so I might just cut them off. But I think I will try a 2 legged puller before I burn them off. The rubber looks ok so it is just the internal tube that is rusted. So if the puller doesn't work then I will see.

My new (used) frame has gone to the Blaster / powder coaters yesterday and today I took the centre stand to be done too. I have decided ala "CONDOR" on a Ivory frame, all metal work will be done in the ivory (see the picture below) with a few small exceptions. I am thinking of Chroming the the swinging arm, all the removable casings off the engine, and the front fork bottoms. The engine case I think I will paint it Cherry Black or rather powder coat the top and bottom casings. Any how when I get the frame back I will post up some pics of it.

Put a nut halfway onto the shock stud to center the puller and protect the threads and a little help with a pry bar the puller should work. Penetrating oil wouldn't hurt it.

Well so since my last comment sorry post, I was due to have a new garage door, there is a family of low life's near hear that think every garage is theirs and also what's in it. example, the one next to mine (both sides) have had their locks broken off, the guy on my left had his bike stolen and the set fire to it a few hundred meters away. his wife's bike got left as they couldn't start hers. Mine they took either an axe or some sort of chisel to it and carved they door but couldn't rip out the locks.

So as I rent the garage, I told them about the attack and they will put in a new door. Friday last was the day, so I had to get up in the middle of the night, 07:30 to be at the garage by 08:00so I start by removing the security bolts and locks, they arrive as I took off the last one. So they started to strip the door out, springs etcetera, and then removed it completely. So now we are waiting for the new garage door to arrive, he said he saw they fellow working going to the depot to get the door as he drove up to the garage address.

I went home for a few minutes to get a coffee and something to at so spent a pleasurable 30 minutes at home and went back to find them still sitting there just as I get back one of their mobiles rings, the door hasn't been delivered, craps, so they then had to refit my old door and I had to refit all my locks that no longer mated up to the mounting hole.

So out of frustration I ordered a new rear mudguard ( used ) and another fake gas tank internals of flea bay. .... :head bang: :sensored: :head bang:

When I have to replace the over head or any door or window for that matter, ALWAYS have the new one there to make sure everything's going to fit. Don't need a hole there & nothing but the old one to fill it. Actually like to follow this plan of attack when replacing ANYTHING, but I'm poor & ignorant, so have to fix everything myself. Not all bad though, look at all the great stuff out there because people don't, won't, or can't fix because of several reasons, all of which works out for the rest of us.

I could fix it my self, but as it isn't my door hey ho, but I bet if they try again as they will, they are stupid people as are most thieves and thugs they will find a big problem next time, I have a surprise in store. Not only will it record in HD and sound too, it will phone me to let me know that hey some jerk is trying to get in, that's when I catch them. I have a good supply of snap ties, and as I own a couple of other things that will always sway the argument in my favour they will be on the floor, no trousers, no underpants, facing down, arms behind their backs with their feet hooked under their arms, there feet will also be tied. then I call the police in the morning after everyone can see them and how stupid they will look.

Don't worry they wont hurt me, I will make them a promise and an offer that they can't refuse "asa dey saay in a da movie's". I might even put them in the truck and go for a long drive. :whip: :BigGrin:

Something's are never said or implied. :wave: As laws often give too many rights to ones who do not deserve them, turn things around & your the one at fault, for taking advantage of this poor mistreated as a youth VICTIM, you should be ASSHAMED OF YOURSELF. :Doh2:

Latest posts