spark fuel ? Update 11-30 yanking the carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's nice to know that all the plugs are getting spark, when only three are firing it's a little obvious when one pulls the boot off the plug. My back is bugging a little and since she is safe in the garage I'm going to call it a day. I can't wait to see whats going on under that air box. I'll take pics too.

~O~

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206791#p206791:21e3bz4r said:
Omega Man » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 am[/url]":21e3bz4r]
Well it's nice to know that all the plugs are getting spark, when only three are firing it's a little obvious when one pulls the boot off the plug. My back is bugging a little and since she is safe in the garage I'm going to call it a day. I can't wait to see whats going on under that air box. I'll take pics too.

~O~
:good:

Do the carbs have a drain screw? If they do drain each carb and compare the amount of gas in each one. I'm wondering if they have another filter built into the carb and it might be clogged?

This is embarrassing. And wtfudge was a penny doing in there?

image.php

...and something is really not right under here.

image.php

I checked and there is tension on both throttle cables, choke works, butterflies in both venturis turn with the throttle.

Gas isn't "leaking" anywhere and I did try it without the air filter with no change.

~O~

hmmmm check how the gas gets to the carb on the side that not firing ,,got to be a feed to it ..and if gas is not leaking and not getting to motor ..might a feed problem ,,just guessing never work on one

Next, I need to remove the plate on top of the carbs. 4 screws, but it feels like something is attached on the underside. The way it "gives" I'm thinking it a vacuum line. I'm just working up the courage to pull harder. This I think will give me access to where the fuel feeds into the carbs. The dirty one on the right is the problem carb right?

image.php

~O~

Randy I use aerostart for fuel to confirm your problems is carby, I have also used silicon spray or any other flammable spray in a pinch.

Just a nothing happening yet update...

The bike is still torn down in the garage. I scored a bunch of free bulbs for the florescent fixture over the bike, so now I have good light. I haven't started yet but the plan is to take the carb off. There are some good tutorials on you tube and I think I know where to look first and it doesn't require tearing the whole thing apart. Some clogged doo-hicky. I'll keep you updated. :BigGrin:

~O~

Oh no!!! NOT a clogged doo-hicky!! :shock: :shock:

:hihihi:

I do NOT envy you digging into the carbs on a 1500...what a mess...

Too bad the 1500 never had fuel injection, gets rid of a lot of problems. That's why I looked for an older FI bike and settled on the '85 LTD when I was downsizing. Have a 1500 now, but for how long, never know. Still prefer FI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts