The hooch bike SCC review and redo project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL its happen to me a lot ...okay i took the carb off looked it over change the progressive second barrel come in spot ...might change that back but its more economical now comes in at about 2/3 throttle point ...had it about 1/2 point before ..cleaned the jets and it seemed the primary barrel needed it on the main jet ...so the ride today the low rpm tractor like power was back ..it will pull down to 1500 rpm and pull right out of it in 5th gear no problem ..so im pleased need to try premium gas and atf and see what this does ....

i did put the throttle two twice both times it like shut down and i dint stay in it since it been doing this the next thing to happen is the wheel comes off the ground when it takes off ..im not ready for that kind of riding ...its been this way since the copper gasket ordeal ..ive lost my perfect transistion i had before between going from one barrel to two barrels ....may need to raise the float some as i had it rather low to keep from slushing gas over the top from leans and throttle and braking ...

im sure it will run ok now and not give me issues to ride it till new motor install :thanks:

Rode to a friends house last night ...bike is still straving for gas to seems ...noticed for sure when it shuts down the bike will bark the tires ...must have a lot of compression to do that ...also when it got to running temp it wouldnt start back up ..starter would barely turn motor over....once it cooled down it started right back up ...really cool last night and motor ran good ..so it seems ive three option to go here ...float high adjustment ...bowl float seat feed and posibly timing adjustment on c5 to look at and check...there als second barrel throttle plate adjustment when not in use ....you can actually adjust airflow at idle with this setting some what .....theres also maybe electric fuel pump instsall that could happen so its carb off time today ..to see if i can get better :builder:

ok made great progress ...seems the problem straving for get gas went through all the feed stuff to the bowl ..float vale and float ..readjusted the float ..where it shut off and also how it goes down ...also adjusred secondary throttle plate open a bit more just slightly ...these cahanges helped the machanicial fuel pump to feed better ...it still not enough to get it into secondary good ....so im sure i need a electric fuel pump ..that puts out 6 lbs of pressure in flow ...its what the carb calls for to operate it ....

the way the carb is made it has one tunnel that all the jets suck from ....so im sure i will get the gas thing dialed in with proper feed to bowl ...what i noticed on the ride was that the intake runners were even more colder ..that means they had mor gas in them ..rather conferming i was getting more gas in the carb with what i did to float ...

looks like i might be having a charging problem to look into tomorrow

wow its starting to look like the new connections i made with the replacement honda connections went bad and stator not charging ..sheesh ..those three wire coonectors for the stator hook up up should never have been made like honda did them so close together ..just dumb engineering anyway you look at it

if im thinking right continuity from stator wire to ground means stator is toast right ...mine toast sheesh and from a brand new connector and ends and all too ...my my im really loosing it on the bike ...i needed this bike this week and it looking hopeless now

yup a new stator is 57$ from china free shipping .... all others are over a 100$ ...this seems my only option ..the stator in the new motor is toast also ...probably the reason it only had 10,000 miles on the bike ..quit charging and parked till i got the motor

i wish i had a way to take pics right now ..the part that failed was a brand new honda connector or clone of one that wasnt a two years old ...you can see the heat was enough for it to melt the plastic then they end up touching and shorting out everything ...

the sator is a non moving part ..thats just copper wire and insulated to keep from grounding ...this time ill make sure to use my own method of wiring it up so this wont be the reason it all goes bad ...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207232#p207232:1pbf7q7w said:
dan filipi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 am[/url]":1pbf7q7w]
Wire nuts, Joe?
:smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207232#p207232:163mvs2b said:
dan filipi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 pm[/url]":163mvs2b]
Wire nuts, Joe?

OMG! I was thinking the same thing! :BigGrin:

Joe, I won't say a word no matter how you address it. For sure, it can't be much worse than what Honda did in this particular case. Such a great company. But, there are definitely instances where their engineering (electrical or mechanical) makes you wonder what they were thinking.

...like the PLASTIC swingarm bushings used on the '79 CBX as another example. They fixed that the very next year, but sheesh.

Sorry for the rotten luck, Joe. But, look on the bright side. We thought this whole motor was toast. If it runs for another season, that's all gravy.

Latest posts