The test mule getting a new power source :)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I didn't post that because of my vast (or half-vast) knowledge but more to find out what works from the people I trust and who have actually done these swaps.

After reading Joe's and other's experiences with the 1200 I have started scanning Jijiji for motors for my '82.

Brian

85-87 would require some more wiring swaps, but has the ignition more easily accessible in the front of the engine. I stuffed one into a 1000 with just a little hammer massage on part of the frame. If I do it again, I think I could shave enough out of the rear cover to do it.

I have been contemplating to also replace the swingarm from the 84 and the front end so I can get heavier tires, having anti dive on the bigger forks plus using the spoked rims from the 84 on the 82. Not sure yet if the swingarms will change over, I hear the triple tree will if you re weld the stops. The 84 is a donor bike, I also have an 81 that was a free bike had all the air suspension, compressor and working master cylinders, so there are plenty of parts to bring the 82 back up and then some.

I have decided to use the 84 frame and engine and to transfer all the 82 GL1100 Aspencade luggage, trunk and fairing to it. No Comstar rims, a better tire size, better forks all wrapped with an 1100 body. Will have hydraulic clutch, anti dive and integrated brakes, classic full dresser show custom 1100 look on a beefier frame and suspension, plus a matching trailer, the goal is to have it in next years bike show.
Gonna have an onboard full screen nav and TPMS, digital gauges and a modernized sound system. Every single Peterson light will have the backside socket removed and converted to SMD LED and wiring will be routed into the trunk rails so no visible wiring. Headlight will more than likely come from a Harley, a dual or quad projector with a combination HID and LED light source. I saw many dual projector large round headlights on some custom Harleys at a local bike show. Possibly will get an alternator conversion.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117484#p117484:3lgq8i7v said:
Silverado6x6 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 am[/url]":3lgq8i7v]
I have decided to use the 84 frame and engine and to transfer all the 82 GL1100 Aspencade luggage, trunk and fairing to it. No Comstar rims, a better tire size, better forks all wrapped with an 1100 body. Will have hydraulic clutch, anti dive and integrated brakes, classic full dresser show custom 1100 look on a beefier frame and suspension, plus a matching trailer, the goal is to have it in next years bike show.
Gonna have an onboard full screen nav and TPMS, digital gauges and a modernized sound system. Every single Peterson light will have the backside socket removed and converted to SMD LED and wiring will be routed into the trunk rails so no visible wiring. Headlight will more than likely come from a Harley, a dual or quad projector with a combination HID and LED light source. I saw many dual projector large round headlights on some custom Harleys at a local bike show. Possibly will get an alternator conversion.
Excellent! Start a new thread so we can follow your progress!! :clapping: