What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desertrefugee":6f7lvkc8 said:
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204968#p204968:6f7lvkc8 said:
pidjones » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:17 pm[/url]":6f7lvkc8]
Loaded the Hunley on the trailer and took it to a car & bike (yeah, 3 bikes) show in a nearby community fair.

You trailered it to the show? I thought only Harley guys did that...
Standing in the hot sun with no chairs, drinks, shade makes me take the truck. 13 year-old tires has me avoiding any more Hunley rides until they are replaced this week. After that, might ride the Hunley and have wife or daughter drive the truck.

And, today I pulled the wheels off, placed them in the bed of the pickup on top of the new tires to protect the discs, then changed the front lower brake lines. Tomorrow at work I'll call the Honda shop and set up to bring them in for the swap. As long as their price is not too unreasonable, I'll get new tubes from them.
So, the Hunley is back on her furniture dolly.

Shazbot! Bleeding the brakes on the new front lower lines and noticed fluid on the plastic I had put over the shelter to protect it (glad I did). Traced it to the master cylinder pushrod hole. I just rebuilt this a couple months ago. Ordered a new replacement el-cheapo from China via Amazon. At least it comes with a rebuild kit.

Busy boy yesterday!

Printed out the Goldwingsdoc.com tutorial on changing the rear tire on the 1500. :rtfm:

Replaced the rear brake rotor and installed a new trailer hitch. Checked to make sure Moly-60 had been used on splines; yep - good to go. Put all the tupperware back together and now waiting on a trailer light converter to complete the job. :builder:

Completed the re-wiring on an 84I. Started it up - smoke did not escape from the wires this time.
Still need to replace the seat cover - Hang 2 with the Goldwing imprint, or get another seat.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205113#p205113:36qbsf6c said:
JoeBarTeam » August 2nd, 2018, 4:53 pm[/url]":36qbsf6c]
done the carbs sync with a carbtune. easy to do, accurate. the oldwing is smoother

Good to read that the 1200 is working well. Cheers

Rednaxs60":1symgheu said:
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205113#p205113:1symgheu said:
JoeBarTeam » August 2nd, 2018, 4:53 pm[/url]":1symgheu]
done the carbs sync with a carbtune. easy to do, accurate. the oldwing is smoother

Good to read that the 1200 is working well. Cheers
and happy it is. no eletrical issues so far since the canadian RR is working in my oldwing.

as soon our hot summer cools down a little bit, i'll start a maintenance job at my oldwing with oil change, and so on as scheduled by honda. i didn't drive the needed distance for it but time goes by and time rules too. at the same time i'll do some mods i've also done to my yamahas fj1200 and fj600 like an ignition relay to bring as many volts as possible to the spark plugs and i'll buy the colortune tool to tune the carbs mixture right.

it must be a bad joke with my car. last week the alternator smelled and dyed coming home. next morning no battery power. the garage put a new one so the car runs again. 3 days later the driver window didn't want to close anymore. needed a new windows engine. all together over 1500 bucks with the work. is getting an expensive car my 15 years old renault... i hate such surprises.

greez

4 Aug - Installed a trailer light converter on the 1500. Will take the teardrop camper for a run tomorrow to see how the 1500 handles it and to check the mileage when towing.

5 Aug - Pulled the camper 105 miles with the 1500, averaged 25mpg, quite a comedown from the 35 recorded with a 1200. Will re-run with the 1200 tug before making any long term decisions. It would be a real bummer if the 1200 actually does get better mileage pulling the camper than the 1500.

Hello everyone just dissasembled NGK plug caps and found that the end copper caps where covered in carbon buildup.
This was between resistors and copper end caps i cleaned copper end caps using wire wheel and coated with grease.
Also found that exhaust header on right side was 400 deg colder on #1 cylinder found that clamp on intake pipe for #1
was not tightened when carbs last rebuild. guess first sign of old age me not bike. Retightened and now running smooth
and in same heat range as other exhaust.

Hard work never hurt anybody but around here we don't take chances.

Pulled the leaking front master off, pulled it apart, and found the second cup all the way up behind the reed valves? Anyway, pushed it back where it belonged and reassembled. Doesn't seem to leak now, and appears to be working so I mounted it back up and bled the front brakes again (everyone's favorite passtime, right?) Wet roads now, but hope to try it later this week.

Latest posts