What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out yesterday and swapped the alternators on the 1500, removing the leaker, and installing the one I replaced the brushes on earlier this year. It works! :yahoo: Showing 14.3v pretty much all the time. Just hope it continues to work at least until I get the leaker replaced. They said as soon as they get this one they'll send a replacement. The leaker is boxed up, labeled, and ready to take to the UPS or Fed Ex place down the street....haven't decided which one to use yet.

Sure hope they don't send me the same one right back....it's happened before on other stuff... :Doh2:

Bled the front brakes still again, and have a pretty good lever now. Pulled the lift spools I had made off and counter-bored them for the new grade 12 (all that was available) Allen head bolts and washers and re-installed. Now I can pick it up easily with my spool lift. Makes work on it much easier, and storing it on the stand keeps it upright so the left bank doesn't fog the neighborhood on startup (I had ground off the center stand).

Removed coils and cleaned mounting surface (Rusty) also removed condenser and cleaned (Rusty) also found ground of battery box rusty.Cleaned everthing and now old girl running smoothly.

For the longest time i've been wanting a tall wraparound windshield for my 1100 but there's always something else more important to spend a hundred bucks on. A buddy gave me a wraparound windshield from a 1200 parts bike he bought. A bit of work with a 4" Harbor Freight angle grinder and it's on!

Attachments

• ws1.jpg
    ws1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 104
  • ws2.jpg
    ws2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 101
Rebuilt and put stock carbs on today and changed out my tail turn signal lenses.

On Tuesday had to go to Portage Indiana to fight a ticket I was given in my Semi and won. The one pic was when I stopped to get a snack and drink and to avoid a rainstorm I drove into anyway.

Still tweaking on the carbs but pretty happy for a day gig.

Attachments

• 0826181752a_Film1.jpg
    0826181752a_Film1.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 0821181719_Film1.jpg
    0821181719_Film1.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 101
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205640#p205640:2yjw4227 said:
FlipFlop » August 26th, 2018, 6:28 pm[/url]":2yjw4227]
Rebuilt and put stock carbs on today and changed out my tail turn signal lenses.

On Tuesday had to go to Portage Indiana to fight a ticket I was given in my Semi and won. The one pic was when I stopped to get a snack and drink and to avoid a rainstorm I drove into anyway.

Still tweaking on the carbs but pretty happy for a day gig.

file.php

file.php

Nice!!! ready to ride!!!

I haven't been doing anything to my Wings for the past two months... except riding them. The only work I've done to them is check the tires and clean the windscreens. I've been so bored, I've started making pens on my lathe.

Latest posts