What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took hooch for a ride ..did ok but needs work ill try and straiten it out tomorrow ..as always seems to be straving for gas ...the clutch master seems great ..i would recommend buying one if somebody needed one for there bike ..it had design advantages over the stock piece in my opinion it fits a look of bikes but looks almost identical to stock gl 1500 master witch i had on hooch ..comes with the brake switch too ..witch i dont use ...hooch uses the brake line hydro switch of the 75-77 1000 bikes ...

I walked by mine today and thought "I better get some stabilizer in the wing and take it for a winterizing ride". Then I remembered the 2" of snow that just fell and sighed...maybe tomorrow...I 'm just not ready to concede that riding season is over for me.

Kerry, we've also got termination dust on the ground here in mid-state Illinois. Bikes are in garage and winterized; now working on light-weight aluminum framed teardrop.

Attachments

• Frame setup.jpg
    Frame setup.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 149
Looks like tomorrow I'll be giving the 1800 a quick spritz-down and taking it in town for a fill-up impreparation for a RTE Tuesday with some buddies. Then the plan for Wednesday is to roll the CB750F rat bike out to see if it will fire up (first time since I've owned it).

Yestidy, I pulled the carb rack from "The Turd", to see if I could clean the carbs out, and get the durn thing runnin on all 4 cylinders again. Dint really see that much doo-doo in the bowls, tho there was some. Cleaned all I could clean, checked everything I could, and got them put back on before callin it a day. Today, the plan is to clean the fuel filter, get some fresh fuel, and see if I did any good at all. Hope so, 'cause I really need to keep this thing runnin right while it sits there holding the deck down. Heck...if it runs as it s'posed to, I might even give it a spin down the freeway....ya never know. :whistling:

Eeeeet's ALIIIIIVE(again).... :yahoo:

Burnin some erl from the left side exhaust...the friggin valve cover was leakin on that side, and dripped erl on the pipes. Onced it warmed up a bit, it ran just fine, no boggin, or popin of any kind. Went ahead and put it all back together, but no ride today....it just got too late. Now all I gotta do is fire the dam thing up at least once every couple of weeks to keep it in runnin condition. :Doh2:

What I like to do is run it up warm, then turn the gas off and let it run out of gas, emptying the float bowls. Some gas stays in the bowls, but being very little helps prevent the jets from clogging.

dan filipi":1ryc0qlp said:
What I like to do is run it up warm, then turn the gas off and let it run out of gas, emptying the float bowls. Some gas stays in the bowls, but being very little helps prevent the jets from clogging.
I have a small aluminum tray that can squeeze under the GL1000 carbs to drain the final bits after running them out. Did that before pulling them last month, and there was very little fuel left in the bowls.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.us/viewtopic.php?p=207521#p207521:9c8t24k7 said:
dan filipi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:21 pm[/url]":9c8t24k7]

I've done that the last couple of times I've run it...just crappy fuel gummin up... :head bang: I put 2 1/2 gals of fresh fuel in it today, and I'll hafta get in the habit of firing it up way more often. :yes:

Latest posts