What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still cant get the 77 to hold a low idle , taking it to the shop that set the carbs up on saturday. He's going to put the vacuum gauges on it, thinks he might not have the sync right.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117918#p117918:2o9kvrwq said:
oldhondajamie » Thu May 15, 2014 9:09 am[/url]":2o9kvrwq]
Still cant get the 77 to hold a low idle , taking it to the shop that set the carbs up on saturday. He's going to put the vacuum gauges on it, thinks he might not have the sync right.
Check the linkage very closely.
The left side carbs on mine I found would move slightly out of time with the right carbs because the linkage bushing is worn.
Maybe one side or the other isn't returning to idle.

Well finally had a chance to get a rough mpg estimate on my 1200.. I had filled up.on Saturday on way to my son's place 31 miles to his house.. and back with my grandson on back.. then the few days of rain.. and yesterday went back to his house and home.. approximately 122 miles.. 2.4 gals.. and works out to a 50 miles per gal.. that is estimated now.. speedometer not working at the moment.. does work cable good.. but that is another post..

Phew !! :heat: :heat: It actually hailed here this afternoon, set low temp record of 41 last night.
Spring Forward.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117998#p117998:20cxda32 said:
backlander » Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 pm[/url]":20cxda32]
Phew !! :heat: :heat: It actually hailed here this afternoon, set low temp record of 41 last night.
file.php
Send a little cool to Southern California..101F today.

We are having great weather and it's almost winter here. Sorry to hear you guys are getting cold again :(

Some are getting cold, not here! nearly 100 again today!

I did get a free replacement battery for the leaking AGM on the '82 from Adventure Power. All they wanted was a good photo of the bad terminal, and all the numbers on the case. They didn't want the old one back - said it was probably treated rough in shipment. It works great, but the neg. terminal leaks and corrodes when charging. I wonder what I could use to seal it? Any suggestions?

Just got back from a little over 1650 miles on the 1800 to New Orleans and up the Natchez Trace. Iffy weather, but not a buzz kill for me & my hottie! Now, the 1800 and 1000 both need attention this summer. The 1000 gets heads pulled and valves lapped while the 1800 gets shims changed on a couple valves. Hoping to hold out until it gets too hot to ride.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118077#p118077:2p04u2y4 said:
Steve83 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:42 pm[/url]":2p04u2y4]

I did get a free replacement battery for the leaking AGM on the '82 from Adventure Power. All they wanted was a good photo of the bad terminal, and all the numbers on the case. They didn't want the old one back - said it was probably treated rough in shipment. It works great, but the neg. terminal leaks and corrodes when charging. I wonder what I could use to seal it? Any suggestions?
You could go to the 99 cent store and try their one use epoxy, It works pretty well and for a buck you never know..Just may work.
Another good glue is E6000 from wal mart, it is under 4 bucks, dries hard but somewhat flexible, between an epoxy and silicone.
Dont know if the acid fumes would hinder setting.

Finished polishing valve covers, ordered some more parts I found needing attention while the bike is wide open on the floor. (Brian, clutch cable for me too!!)

Rode the 80 to work last couple of days will ride again to day, need to look at the headlight switch. Still cleaning on the 82, slow going having to work the weekend.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118077#p118077:3b0kr0pf said:
Steve83 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 pm[/url]":3b0kr0pf]

Hot glue gun maybe?