What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118096#p118096:ufside6s said:
mcgovern61 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 pm[/url]":ufside6s]
Finished polishing valve covers, ordered some more parts I found needing attention while the bike is wide open on the floor. (Brian, clutch cable for me too!!)

I order two right away :music:

Decided to "air out" my '81 engine........ :hihihi: :ahem:

image.php

Cleaned/painted the radiator and then put the radiator back on. Cut the spark plug wires to length and installed the caps. Connected all those dang drain tubes and then checked everything over one last time and fired it up!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118169#p118169:8naixav1 said:
dan filipi » Sat May 17, 2014 8:23 pm[/url]":8naixav1]
Gerry, that's pretty neat.
Did you really bolt it in to get that shot or is that some clever photo shop work?
It is very clever work......I ERASED one side of the block, pistons and gears with my magic eraser! :smilie_happy:

It is actually bolted in. It is only the left side block.

"...checked everything over one last time and fired it up!"

Well...and...???!!! Teaser!

Edit- Doh! Just saw the video in your C5 Install thread. We knew you could do it! Way to go!

1985 GL1200 cleaned up right side.JPG
took the 85 Aspencade to car wash and soaped it down and scrubbed the chrome with a SOS pad. rinsed it off. wiped it off and rode it home. going to take off these running boards and heel and toe shifter and heel and toe brake pedal. my 28 in legs no good for that.
I need a stock brake pedal. anyone ? going to sell it anyway. but meanwhile like to ride it. any Albertans want a cheap Wing $2000 needs a out of province inspection, from New Brunswick.new frt tire last yr , and battery and oil today.

Attachments

• 1985 GL1200 cleaned up left side.JPG
    1985 GL1200 cleaned up left side.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 73
Went to Vegaswingnut's and we installed the new alternator dampers, the PO had only three sets in there and they were in backwards(George caught this). Runnin sweet again.

Got three complements all after work on Crystal. I guess I'm used to it now but two of the three people told me she looks like new. Once at home I took a fresh look at her and they are right, she does look brand spanking new. Not bad for $3,000.

:mrgreen:

~O~

Ordered the $30 ($65 aud with shipping and exchange rate) Daytona fork brace.

A big Thankyou to the Zman who pmd me with the details so that I could negotiate with the seller and get the deal done. Not as pretty as a Markland but 4 fewer bolts will hopefully suit the Rats Nest better.
:thanks: Jeff :good:

I RODE mine for the first time in a week! Sure is mo fun, and a lot more relaxing than being in a cage for a week! :clapping: :moped: :yahoo:

Oh...and I also installed my new "Route 66" license plate frame. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118369#p118369:1vp6mriu said:
AApple » Mon May 19, 2014 11:10 am[/url]":1vp6mriu]
Oh...and I also installed my new "Route 66" license plate frame. :yes:
Speaking of Route 66 have you been to Midpoint yet? .. Adrian, TX.. up by Amarillo. The halfway point on 66 between Chicago and LA.