What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After cleaning the contacts, Atila's ignition switch passed all the test. Cleaned the connector to wiring harness again, plugged her in and the heifer fired right up. Saved that 100 dollar bill. Installed a fresh battery in the Silver Queen and although I got it to spin over the other day I didn't waste any time trying to get her to run. Tinkered with it a bit and that old gal fired up too. Now those two are back under tarps to await their destiny. Blue Angel may take a little more work to get it to run, it has burnt wiring issues, but it is next in line. It was a good day around here in Wingville.

mcgovern61":37w6av88 said:
The Doc says that I can finally attempt to balance my bike (post knee surgery) with someone else standing by. If I can do it without instability or pain......I can ride again!!!!! :cool: :clapping: :music2: :music: :good: :music3: :salute: :party:

Saturday will be the day!!!
Couldn't wait! Jumped on the bike tonight.....felt stable (I forget how balanced these bikes really are!) Scooted around the neighborhood and tested a few starts and stops...no pain in the knee.......out to the highway we go!!

Ran her for a good 10 miles in the 5000 RPM range on the highway to clean out that carbon!!!

:Egyptian: :wave: :smilie_happy: :clapping: :salute: :good: :heat: :music3: :party: :rocks: :yahoo:

gave both bikes and the truck a good going over soap water and wax . !! Now they all look like a hundred bucks !! :music:

Took mine out for the first ride over 10 miles in 2 months! GOT RAINED ON!! :cheeky:

Doesn't matter, I like riding in the rain and I love my Frogg Toggs!! Dry as a bone! (Still want that windshield wiper!)

Took all the upholstered parts off all the bikes, cleaned em up real good with soap and water, and now they are getting treated with preservative. All will be stored in the house for the winter. I think I got dish pan hands now. :smilie_happy:

took miss daisy out for a short run up to town. about 15 miles round trip. ran like a top. so if i can just get the rear breakes up to par it will be trip time..so i got to put the turn signals back on. and figure out the horns ,and a grimlin bell. it will be hi oh silver time. yeaaa.

Actually left mine home today. Probably third time since May that I didn't ride to work and back.

I'm currently staining my home, which is a rental property now, so I rode Tatanka (bull bison in the Lakota (Sioux) language) there and took care of business. One side left to do, and the weather will be perfect for the next two days, so heading back there tomorrow and Sunday,, when my 27-year old son will help me for a couple of hours and then we'll have supper together. He climbed cell towers for a living before becoming a site inspector, so he has no problem with heights. I do, as I went off the roof of our home about 8 years ago. Crushed L2 vertabre and shattered right wrist. :shock:

So, where do I live if I'm renting my home? My wife and I are caretakers of an estate now. About 6,500 sq. ft. and 2.7 acres on a lake and 98% of the time we have it to ourselves. No rent, no utilities, and the owners pay us to do it. Very rich people and they love my wife, who has worked for them for over 15 years. A very nice provision by our Father, especially in these times.

Rode over to a buddies in Indiana, and had lunch and came home. Just shy of 300 miles, lots of nice roads, and lunch was not bad either.

OhioBill and KenL came too. There where 8 for lunch at Robin's

Attachments

• HH3.jpg
    HH3.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 141
He worked on the race car (UMP dirt modified) and I worked on motorhome to get ready for Nationals at Eldora next weekend. I finished LONG before him and was wanting to ride!!!!!!!!!!!! He did work on the bikes radio, and I watched ;) We went for a nice ride just before sunset. Yup I could get used to this

i went to work for 4hrs yesterday but started having back spasms and trouble with my neck near the end. came home and took some moltrin and a nap. got up a few hours later and rode to saline, mi for pizza then took us-12 west to m-52 north into manchester, mi. next stop was in chelsea, mi. the temp was starting to go down and i was wearing summer gear so i headed east for home once i got back to I-94. the neck and back problems returned also