What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it over to the tire shop to pick up my debit card I left on the counter after having a rear tire mounted for the Atilla project, then road south to my house meeting probably 50 bikes headed north to Hot Springs Open Motorcycle Rally for this weekend, they started migrating North last nite, there will be thousands there, and I'll be sitting at home. :crying: :crying:

i borrowed a 6mm allen socket from a friend so i could get the seat off to replace the relay then realized that the left saddle bag had to be removed also, honda sure made a job out of something so simple. got the relay installed but the battery is to weak to test it. now i'm waiting on the ups driver to show up with the mirror and air filter for the 750f while the battery for the wing charges up

Had to get the cover and the bike out in the dry sun today to air out.
I was lucky enough to ride home from work the other night in the seasons first serious drenching, even the seat was squishing out H2O yesterday, and it was only exposed for the 6 miles from work to home while I sat on it!
Rode to Portland and back on a fantastic, twisty back road that I am fortunate to have right out my driveway.
Set my mind to using steady throttle pressure through the curves and concentrated on smooth transitions rather than, chopping the throttle on and off. The work I did (added ATF) to the forks earlier in the week, along with the new tires (a few months old now) and the new Progressive rear shocks have really improved this bike, it finally feels smooth and planted.
All around, a great day to ride even if it was short.

Had a great last strap around Julian and Ortega Canyon with my brother Kim and his mate John. We left at 5.30 am and arrived home at 2pm. Apart from a quick breakfast, a couple if fuel stops and a late coffee for John at Starbucks it was all riding. I put the new speedo cable on before we left and it was great having a working speedo and odometer even if it did only last 180 miles with the speedo howling for about a 100 until if gave out. Need to give her a bath and sort out what needs to be in Rats Nest for the final trip to the shipping agent tomorrow.

Finished painting (rattle can) the other saddle bag lid, put it on and went for a beautiful sunset cruise through a few small farm communities west of here. Rolling, curvy 2 lanes surrounded by lush acreage bathed in early evening sun, fantastic.

Rode it like I owned it, 115 miles yesterday morning, 130 miles this morning. The first 50-60 miles each day were great, the balance of the miles each day were pure torture, numb butt and legs with lot of pain and I tried a different seat each day.

Saturday morning I took my 95 GL1500 Aspencade that I bought the week before and decided to tear it down for a thorough inspection, since the seller sold it to me at a greatly reduced price from its estimated value I am suspecting something is going on he wasn't talking about. Not to rub it in I paid $1,000 for bike plus a rifle barter.
When I first picked up bike I noticed the temp gauge isn't working, coolant is full after getting to the rad cap, next step after I get enough fairing off is to test the sending unit and wiring, half of the back lights in the dash are out as is a front position light.
Otherwise I rode it around the last week, runs great, fans work fine, excellent brakes after I bled the rear and left front.
Today I ordered a dual 55watt H4 HID kit, rear speakers chrome covers, radio covers and chrome knobs, a new agm battery, a new battery tray cause its missing the retainer strap.
Bought a pair of the AddOn chrome side covers and the chrome front marker light strips, which I thought were burnt out were not, they are just plugged off, I guess the SE has lights in them, I am installing some amber smd 5050 led strips in mine.
I also bought some automotive carpet on a roll from Walmart and patiently cut out pieces to cover the bottom of the side bags and the trunk. Also fabricated a rod with ground ends offset fro the rh helmet knob in the trunk, had the handle but the rod was missing.
Also bought new timing belts today, now its just waiting time for everything to show up.