Wrap around windshield opinions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same windshield. It does block the wind good.
I added the side wings to get some air.

I'd be curious how you like it at speed. I found I get more buffeting with it.

dan filipi":rhvtcdy0 said:

I just came back from a ride out of town. 25mph winds gusting to 35. It worked great. I was thinking to myself that this is what I envisioned a touring bike to be like.I'm 5-7 and highway speed in Manitoba is 60mph so I'm doing 65. Maybe you're going to fast.:)

89-300ce":1nc1jdjb said:
dan filipi":1nc1jdjb said:

I just came back from a ride out of town. 25mph winds gusting to 35. It worked great. I was thinking to myself that this is what I envisioned a touring bike to be like.I'm 5-7 and highway speed in Manitoba is 60mph so I'm doing 65. Maybe you're going to fast.:)

You must remeber that the SL on most US freeways is now 75MPH for cars & 55 for trucks. But even in areas that are 55mph most drivers are up around70(@least). I normally run our hwys @ 120 & where the sl is 8o k I run a !00. I know that the limit on hwy 1 through the prairies is 110klms.

fysty-1":1uidxes6 said:
You must remeber that the SL on most US freeways is now 75MPH for cars & 55 for trucks. But even in areas that are 55mph most drivers are up around70(@least). I normally run our hwys @ 120 & where the sl is 8o k I run a !00. I know that the limit on hwy 1 through the prairies is 110klms.

Yes they travel much faster there than up here and I imagine the properties of the windshield would change as speeds increase. The speed limit from Virden to the Saskatchewan border is 110kph but the rest of Manitoba is still 100kph. They have been talking of raising it for years but haven't done anything about it. I think it generates revenue.

120 in a 100 zone, 100 in an 80 zone. That's pretty gutsy. They'd nail you here for sure.

89-300ce":osrlb67h said:
fysty-1":osrlb67h said:

Yes they travel much faster there than up here and I imagine the properties of the windshield would change as speeds increase. The speed limit from Virden to the Saskatchewan border is 110kph but the rest of Manitoba is still 100kph. They have been talking of raising it for years but haven't done anything about it. I think it generates revenue.

120 in a 100 zone, 100 in an 80 zone. That's pretty gutsy. They'd nail you here for sure.

Haven't had a tickle in years but then I do keep my eyes open. :whistling: :whistling: :smilie_happy: And besides they would have to ticket six or seven @ a time as the darn roads around here are just too busy most times. :Awe: :doh: :smilie_happy:

Heath":ro4oimig said:
Yeah but remember Dan lives in SoCal, your either stopped or doing 100 on the freeway.

Tell me about it. Use to hate driving I-5@ a stead double knickles. Sorry for getting off topic. I stop now. :blush: :blush: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Cheers Angela :yahoo: :yahoo: