What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137816#p137816:1d42kh1q said:
rob.lafady » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm[/url]":1d42kh1q]
I received the last piece to make my fully Vetterized goldwing!
file.php

I was stoked when I got mine as well. Going to make it look great

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137816#p137816:2ue9r129 said:
rob.lafady » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:22 pm[/url]":2ue9r129]
I received the last piece to make my fully Vetterized goldwing!
file.php
Start a new thread for this!! We would really like to see this!! :yes:

fit the carbs back on my LTD after a full overhaul. they were very dirty and leaking from the fuel inlet on the plenum. that turned out to be a very strange fault. it looks like some one had cut an old hose off. with a nine inch grinder. :beg:
had another plenum, so just switched it over. :head bang:
also, decided to change the throttle shaft felt seals. i had never done this before, so did a bit of research. and attacked a spare set of carbs to see how it all goes together.
the popular theory is that the felt seals dont make too much difference. i beg to differ. after doing a lot of reading, especially the Honda carb booklet on this site :read: , and taking note that many experts say 'leave em alone" i threw caution to the wind and dived in.
it's not that hard and the over all condition of the felts was bad all round. so, new ones in ( i oiled them up as i could find no info on whether to fit them dry or otherwise ) and got them all back together.
it now starts much easier and runs very well. i am thinking to do the others .... :Egyptian:
here's a couple of pictures. first the fuel inlet.
image.php

and here are some pics of the new seals, old ones , and a comparison.
image.php

image.php

image.php

i got the seals some time ago from dudesgarage.com. i found the link in a post on NGW. heres a link to that post.
https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ge#p384002
in that post randikk says it is difficult for 'amateurs " to get the carb butterflies back together. i am considering making a video to debunk that theory. if you are careful and pay attention to what you are doing , it aint that hard. :BigGrin:
ps
if i recall, the felts were about 30 dollars.

This step is done finally. Tomorrow will do my Dyna and set the timing along with a handful of other things but I'll save that till tomorrow.. :laptop:

Attachments

• 20141227_164052.jpg
    20141227_164052.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 121
  • 20141227_171744.jpg
    20141227_171744.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 121
Decided to finally finish the new iPhone and speaker bracket and re install the wind shield as we were going for a ride today
You can see the iPhone being used as a dash cam at the servo ( gas station) were I fueled up after today's ride
Also painted the top Vetter screen brackets and the new alloy mount bracket black. Repaired the crack in the windshield and remounted it.

gee looks great ... got to be driveway tough ... for sure a big hurdle at your place tony .....i think this is the yesr we get some great vids ...seems products are starting to get better for the task ... i sure need something different ....good picture and no wind sound on rides is the goal

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=138515#p138515:2wqeyh80 said:
Ansimp » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 am[/url]":2wqeyh80]
Decided to finally finish the new iPhone and speaker bracket and re install the wind shield as we were going for a ride today

You can see the iPhone being used as a dash cam at the servo ( gas station) were I fueled up after today's ride

Tony,

How are those speakers? Been looking for something to use with my cell phone when using the navigation app.

Haven't dowloaded the SD cards from the last time I used the GoPro and I was running late after doing all the Jobs on the Rats Nest. I think a blue tooth headset/intercom is the way to go Brian for GPS instructions etc even though I haven't been using mine in ages.

Remembered to switch battery chargers from 84 to 87 & 84 to 91, & made sure fans are keeping condensation away. Turned out lights, & locked up garage, at last days are getting longer instead of shorter.

Latest posts