Harbor Freight trailer build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That was a lot of work. Nice build. It was entertaining to see it all come together. I don't really intend on getting a trailer at all, However. It's nice to see how easily it can be done.

Work on the trailer is about finished. Just got through building a padded top for the ice chest and upholstering it to match the gray on the trailer.
IMG02169-20130712-2037.jpg
IMG02170-20130712-2037.jpg
IMG02185-20130716-0940.jpg
That aluminum ice chest was built in Minneapolis, Mn in the 50's. Part of my metal ice chest collection. I haven't got everything done to the trailer that I wanted to but time is short so I have to make do for the time being. I checked with Arkansas Revenue dept. and they will sell me a license plate for the trailer that is the same size as the motorcycle tag, so I won't have that oversized car tag on the rear bumper. Cool.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89253#p89253:kf206tkn said:
backlander » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 am[/url]":kf206tkn] Just got through building a padded top for the ice chest and upholstering it to match the gray on the trailer.

So you will have a comfy place to sit on your ice? :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

Sorry....I couldn't help it...it just slipped out..... :mrgreen:

Trailer(and accessories) looks great! :good:

Project I guess is completed. Pulled her 110 miles today on four lanes up to 80 mph, 2 lanes up to 70 mph, fell into some good curves, couldn't even tell it was back there. I actually enjoyed the ride, the trailer seem to stabilize the bike in some circumstances but I did have to remind myself not to hug the center line on the lefties. I left the ice chest at home so it's not in the pics.
IMG02229-20130818-1112.jpg
IMG02230-20130818-1112.jpg
See my ittie bittie trailer plate, that's so cool.

Latest posts