Here she is, I named her, "the Wanderer "

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank bolt is off. Bought impact wrench from autozone, money well spent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 186
Pulleys come in tomorrow. Also could not get a new timing/pulley plate to replace damaged one. Settled for one from ebay that looks almost new and did manage to get new tension springs.
I'm just going to let tension springs adjust pulleys this time as last time i forced it a bit and it was probably too tight.

I warm up the bike then check belt tension, after finding these 1200 belts so tight could play a song on them.
I never had so much change in belt tension cold to warm on the 1100 but I think it's still worth checking.

Believe the right side's first, adjust rotate one turn, do the left. :headscratch: Which ever is first it is a little loose, :hihihi: & spring will tension it, :yes: turn over one time, & other side is loose, so let spring tighten it, :good: & they are ready to check, & go. :yahoo:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174546#p174546:e64iy69b said:
Denver » Today, 10:16 am[/url]":e64iy69b]
Believe the right side's first, adjust rotate one turn, do the left. :headscratch: Which ever is first it is a little loose, :hihihi: & spring will tension it, :yes: turn over one time, & other side is loose, so let spring tighten it, :good: & they are ready to check, & go. :yahoo:

Okay, I needed a reminder on how to adjust these. thanks

All parts are in. Removed original tension pulleys and sure enough, they were shot!! New pulleys are so smooth and quiet, can't wait to get them on.

Well,I have not had a chance to get new tension pulleys back on yet. Built a bigger work bench in my garage to put more stuff on :Egyptian:

New pulleys on. Everything lines up nicely. Also replaced crank washer and tension springs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 129
Which method used to fasten the bearing onto the mounting plate? :headscratch: Have not yet trimmed the back, to make the socket bolt flat yet on mine :nea:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174977#p174977:3mc5deaw said:
Denver » Yesterday, 7:50 pm[/url]":3mc5deaw]
Which method used to fasten the bearing onto the mounting plate? :headscratch: Have not yet trimmed the back, to make the socket bolt flat yet on mine :nea:

Just went with black bolt and lock nut. Used impact wrench to tighten then flipped over and chose to grind bolt head flush.
Only concerns would be when cutting old pulley from plate, I gouged into the plate a little and this might lead to a slight wobble of new pulley. will have to see.

Can i run the bike without the radiator for just a minute to check my work on pulleys , timing belts , etc?
Oops, i cant do that, the water pump will fry up, what am i thinking.
I guess i will leave timing belt covers off and put everything else back and check it that way.
No common sense on my part here.

If the motor is full of water and a hose closes the intake to output of coolant yes you can. Just a couple minutes at a time though.

Latest posts