Littlebeavers Conversion

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure do like this conversion thingy it's awesome, If you read Dan's posting on it, you can actually feel the excitment in his words when he made it work, I know that feeling, so I posted a video of it..I wanted to share what I thought was pretty neato..I have nothing but good thought's on this project and I think the World of all of you guy's...I'm very sorry for rushing things along and for being so impatient, I am programed that way..especially when I want a project to go..In the future some of you guy's will probably do a conversion, I wanta help anyway I can, so you don't have a headache looking for stuff.Kinda like I did, I used a 30" serpentine belt on mine but it was a 4 rib, some of you will use a 3 rib, I'd like to post the year and model vehicle so you have no hassel finding the belt you need, actual size is 30 3/4" but it says 30" it's off a 1983 Toyota Camry DLX for the power steering pump. now a part number from advance auto is #5030300, so there I hope this helps someone looking for one.., Now how about someone finding a v-belt in 30" for us..and post it...thanks Martin

Just wanted to mention that there are different width V belts.
How a V belt is matched to a pulley I'm not quite sure. I stopped researching them when I decided to use a flat belt, more easier.

:party: :shock: :shock: I'm learning how to convert stuff .. :shock: Like measurments from decimals to fractions to metric :shock: :shock: :Egyptian: Joe would be so proud huh Joe..Joe so you know I like you that's why I am always ribbing you man..

I was talking to a guy today and he showed me a belt that was way cool, it was a belt that was like connected with little pieces[1"] that interlocked for a v-belt pulley but I just plumb forgot what he called it, I will try to find one and post it..

The product in the above link is designed more for industrial applications, where the belt runs almost constantly, in long spans between the pulleys. Less wear, and quicker replacement times. Some belts are also "twisted" in operation, meaning that they make a figure 8 from one pulley to the next, to reverse the rotation. You'll see this a lot in agriculture apps. Doubt it would ever find it's way into the automotive word. I've seen a similar product for use as an "emergency" belt for cars. It's adjustable for length, but not meant to be a fix for a missing belt...just a band-aid to get ya home.

Ok here's what I got out of this, one guy says Why? another say's it's junk, another says it's for industrial use and the last says it cost too much.. and I said it was fun to look at but I wouldn't use one.. :smilie_happy:

I am having some 4" pullies made here in San Antonio... They have been paid for already. I have paid a machine shop $1.300 of our money so members that didn't get one could have a chance at getting one $130.00 each plus shipping cost, These are going to to made of aircraft grade T-6 Aluminum. Listen up, there maybe a delay, not sure yet but maybe...He is trying to catch up on all the work he has..I ordered 10 of them 5, 3rib serpentine and 5 v-belt[3/8"] one's, I'm making nothing, not one red cent.. All I want is to get my money back, that's it.. Here is what I have as far as members wanting one, I will show photo's of these and Dan has agreed to take the payments for me via paypal and reinburse me.. And this is important to please understand, we are not taking any funds until the items are in hand.. The first 5 were ordered and were supposed to be ready on the 12th and the second order the v-belts were to be started on the 22nd, I know he is delayed but I told him he needs to really try to get these ready on time..
Serpentine pulley list

1. Myself
2.Wilcoy
3.Chas?
V-belt list
1. 1060dol
2.Chas
I notified the people listed that's why their name is on the list.. I'd wait to see the product first before making a choice...Then just pm me or Dan. If something goes terrible wrong it's our family money that's at jeopardy..Not anyone else's so relax guy's.. We will get them..I will keep everyone posted on what I know, he is supposed to tell me if he is delayed or not on monday...I will keep you posted..

If you want on the list just pm me...Your word is good and I will hold you to it until you get to see it..

Ok I got it Chas, I wanted to list you because I wasn't sure if you wanted both still or not..I have you down for a v-belt...

It's very generous of you to do this beav!

Feel free to start a new thread to offer them up.

I think I figured they would fit in a small flat rate box which is $5 anywhere in the US. Not sure to Canada.

I think when the pullies are done and here and I can actually touch them, I'll start a new posting, good idea.. I need to notify those other members that were listed...I'm sure many have changed their minds by now..My bike is apart and my alt. is at the machine shop because he used a 3 rib pulley that I had mounted on it, to make these by...It killing me not being able to ride ..

It looks like N2PPN wants a pulley, I will put you down for a serpentine for now, ok..Serpentines are
1.Myself
2.Wilcoy
3.Rich N2PPN
V-belts are
1.1060dsl
2.Chas.

Yes Beav Thank You for this. You have me listed correctly.

Today Paypal just returned my funds from the last pulley I ordered.

Can not wiat to get Ol' Betsy up and running with her new charger.