Questions To The Lady Wingers Out There!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just search motorcyle seat on ebay and find a low profile single seat and adapt it. Should be able to lose another 2" of height.

Just read post, :whistling: shock dampers can be cut down an inch by marking, & threading an extra inch, then cut. Seat width trim, with height trim could give you three inches, more or less, add an inch for boot soles, & heels, your getting closer. :headscratch:

BTW.....while getting my rear tire mounted at the Dealer, my daughter tried on a few bikes and she really likes the Yamaha Bolt in red! (Fits her like a glove too!)

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154595#p154595:39jpmqjb said:
joedrum » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:07 pm[/url]":39jpmqjb]
hmmmmm ..an air cooled job .... might be a bit warmish in traffic ..sheesh like the look big time
Of course the dealer assured me it is a cool running air cooled engine because of all of the cooling fins. Yeah right! :smilie_happy:

It will be nice and cool if you keep moving! :whip:

(Although....I must pull back for a moment....My first motorcycle was an air cooled 400 and I rode that bike everywhere including getting stuck in traffic in Philly. Either I was too young to know the difference, but I don't remember ever having an issue with too much heat.)

image.php

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154593#p154593:2dkoxh71 said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 am[/url]":2dkoxh71]
BTW.....while getting my rear tire mounted at the Dealer, my daughter tried on a few bikes and she really likes the Yamaha Bolt in red! (Fits her like a glove too!)

image.php
Very nice looking bike Gerry and I am sure that the seat height and weight are much better suited for your daughter :good:

*UPDATE!*

It has been nearly a year and the Owner is getting ancy to get the bike out of his garage. He is thinkin $550 cash. Hmmm......My daughter will still not be able to ride it, but it might make a great flip! Now, if only I could figure out how to put it up on my HF trailer and tow it home! :hihihi:

I have a friend that has a pick up that we used to take my rolling frame in for welding, but that was a challenge getting even the rolling frame into the pick up bed. Fully loaded bike with sticking brakes might be a bit harder.

Worse, the driveway in the back of his house where the bike is stored is on a steep angle. My best bet would be to take my carbs off and attach them to his bike and run a gas can outside the bike to get it out.

Little by little..........

The Owner is still looking to get rid of it! I found out my brother in law has a flatbed harbor freight trailer that he did not know could be used on the road. His father in law used it up in the mountains being pulled by a quad and he didn't realize it could be used on the road. I took a look at it and my bike can pull it with ease!

Trailer set, saving cash........might be a deal coming this summer! :beg:

Putting the fuel in a real tank where the false tank is you could remove the stock tank. Leaving room to lower the frame supporting the seat. Fitting a narrower and thinner seat would make it possible for shorter operators.

*Update*

I got a call from my brother in law.....his buddy has decided to clean out the garage and wants the bike gone. He wants to know if I want it as is? Ummmmm.....YEAH!! :yahoo:

I do not want to count my chickens just yet, but in order to clean out the garage, he wants to borrow my brother in laws trailer and SUV. The swap is, he will give me the bike! :beg:

Here's to hoping! :salute:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182783#p182783:1xgiipoj said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:19 pm[/url]":1xgiipoj]
*Update*

I got a call from my brother in law.....his buddy has decided to clean out the garage and wants the bike gone. He wants to know if I want it as is? Ummmmm.....YEAH!! :yahoo:

I do not want to count my chickens just yet, but in order to clean out the garage, he wants to borrow my brother in laws trailer and SUV. The swap is, he will give me the bike! :beg:

Here's to hoping! :salute:
:good: :beg:

Latest posts