Questions To The Lady Wingers Out There!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well looky what showed up at the house today!! :party:

image.php

image.php

When I looked at it last year and informed the PO about how much work and parts were involved to get it back on the road (starting with really bad gas), he said he would just keep it and fix it himself. He removed the bad gas and cleaned the tank (sparkling clean my friends), and then gave up again when he realized how much work that was.

We are now the proud owners of this fine machine! :Egyptian:

First thing we are doing is letting the air out of the shocks and popping the seat off and putting on my spare '82 seat pan to see if she can flatfoot the bike and hold it up. If not, it will be a road worthy restoration for re-sell.

1" lower forks and shorter shocks along with lower seat should make it manageable. That is a really nice shield. Looks to be in very nice condition.

Slab, it is in pretty good shape overall. Apparently always garage kept so the paint is great! When the PO got the bike several years ago, he had new tire put on, fork seals and some other work, but stopped when they quoted him $500 or more to do the carbs. The tires have 25 miles on them (although still nearly 4 years old).

Dan, not running. Brakes are stuck, carbs are gummed and the usual suspects need to be taken care of. It will not take much though to get this to runner. :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185461#p185461:20tdmpfz said:
slabghost » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:30 pm[/url]":20tdmpfz]
What's the plan redo stock carbs or go dkl scc? Or??? What year is this new gem?
It is an '81. We plan on cleaning/rebuilding the stock carbs.

Well, the verdict is in! I may have raised this girl right, but she still has not grown up enough.......no matter how we slice it and dice it, she is just too short for this bike. :crying:

Forks down, air out of the shocks, 20 lbs of air in the tires and down to a seat pan only and she still cannot flat foot this '81. :head bang:

Looks like we are going to clean it up, do what is needed to make it a great runner and sell it. :wave: :popcorn:

Latest posts