SCC discounts put in dumper

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm not sure eric ....but its my opinion that if the carb aint right it makes no difference weather it has 2 to 1 adapter on it either ...personally i use the 2 to 1 adapter as it centers the gas charge in the type 4 manifold and also makes it a high rise ...any time i ever open things up there witch isnt often it always been clean and spotless in there ...but it sure wasnt a carb fixer type thing ..to me it a better flow path deal ....much work got done to the carb itself after the 2 to 1 adapter was part of my manifold ..

i agree with dan completely but dft epa carb is not fully adjustable ....but seems some have good results with it on there 1100s ....my dft is not a 32-32 like the tom carb is ...it the bigger dft 32-34 and in no way work good on hooch by adjustments only ...it sure is sweet now though ....what a super induction system it is now ...

yep i agree again dan ...its funny all the trouble me and you had and things tried to the dft carb with so so results ....and when you got the solex carb to try it was no time at all it was running fine and ready to go ...witch again proves it the carb that the biggest problem in SCC success ....for yrs to much thought on manifolds did nothing to help SCC successes....even the highly touted CI manifolds went out of business.....seems even people who had a business save and flourish ....missed the fact the carbs were the problem and there businesses failed....but at least here at classic we have gotten to the problem about epa carbs

ok its been some time now id say the hooch bike is dial in perfectly......it idles better than stock now ..it will hang in thete and idle at 700-800 rpm ...i like about 1200 rpm....only problem here is this ....the dft carb has like 2 inch emulsion tube and jets set up for gas mixing ...when coming to stops gas level in bowl will move towards front and then back this effects idle as gas level in tube rises and then fall some.....but once still ..it idles rock solid....it van raise in idle speed tjen actually die ..in this condition ...but im very aware of it and isnt much a problem at all....the bike is getting high forties and at times fifty plus mpg.....the off idle response couldnt be better in my opinion....and this condition goes to redline....the 2 stage set up of proggressive carb function fits the oldwing motor perfectly....and covers the total rpm range like no other set up can ....air this set not only meters gas right but air also as motor demands it......

i will say on hooch the dft carb had to be modded from stock form hugely....to opetste in a dial in gteat manner....jetting is huge compared to car motor set up ....srcondary is modded to come in much sooner than stock set up ...but results are fantastic .....

i have this carb modded to whete it has fivr different circuits throught the rpm zone....with about thtee diffetent gas and air adjustments per each of the five circuts...with type of adjustability....it proving to beat the best in FI set ups.....the one im comparing it to ..is the 2015 ford fusion set up eco boost car...witch is top knotch in my opinion ...the csr flat out moves out big time for the motor size....

the carb seems to stay really clean ...bike runs so even on all cylinders ..like petfect sync ....and never misses at all......so im just saying this to report ive never seen a wing ever run ss good as hooch dose...

SCC to me with the dft carb modded is the ultimste set up for oldwing motor in all ways :hi:

Latest posts