The "Turd" is down and out(head gaskets & other stuff)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's update....
Did a little test run on polishing the timing belt covers. My camera sux for stuff like this, but the polishing IS working...just tedious...just did the lower part(top in these pics) for today.

I did FINALLY get the engine block painted....'bout dang time, too. It's raining, and 40 friggin degrees here today....it was in the 80's yesterday....

Just to see how it would kinda look...

I screwed up and painted the dang pick-up screen cover, so I took it off, cleaned the paint off, and then polished it. It's always bothered me that there was nothing really holding that screen in tight, so I added a couple of small o-rings to the two pins at the outer end. With the cover bolted on, it puts just enough pressure on the screen to hold it tight.

Once the paint had time to dry a little, I scraped the paint off of the fins on the bottom of the casting...even tho it will never be seen after the engine is installed. Just had to do it, anyway....got the shifter shaft seal installed, too.

Got the trans cover, and coolant outlet painted, too. I'll be taking the rear cover, clutch cover, and starter to the shop tomorrow to clean them up nice and purdy, then they'll be ready for some color. Once that is done, I'll be ready to re-assemble this pig...the engine, that is. I still have to go thru the carbs, fix some stuff on the fairing, etc. etc. Should be ready to ride by the time the weather decides what the hell it's gunna do. Yeeesh....it's a roller coaster ride, weather-wise around here!!

To be continued.... :popcorn: :wave:

Okay after all this I'm expecting you'll try to clean and polish once in a while. Can't let all that shine disappear too fast. Looks good from here!

Is the paint anything special, or just high heat black? It looks great by the way!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=165174#p165174:3rjup3m0 said:
Steve83 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:20 am[/url]":3rjup3m0]
Lookin' really nice!!
+1 :good:

:hihihi:

I would, but that day job thingy is gettin in the way... :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=165251#p165251:254zl8f0 said:
AApple » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:23 pm[/url]":254zl8f0]

I would, but that day job thingy is gettin in the way... :yes:
Dontcha just hate that? :head bang:

Ya....it kinda sux, but....whaddya gunna do? :builder:

I have a new question/problem I keep forgetting to ask for help on. My vacuum advance is leaking. It does operate, but it will not "hold" a vacuum unless there is continuous vacuum applied to it. Are those things available anywhere, or would it be wise to open it up and try to fix it? I remember beaver doing his, and using an automotive advance diaphragm, but not sure if that's the way to go or not...
Any ideas/suggestions??

brianinpa is removing his because it isn't needed. Maybe it's still good and he could be talked out of it? I'll look around and see if I have a spare.

Unavailable new unfortunately.
I wasted money on a used one that was still good but started leaking soon after I installed it. Maybe if you found a NOS it would last but I wouldn't waste any money on a used one, the rubber is done used up.

Latest posts