What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bi-annual (every two years) cleaned and waxed the bike and polished up the chrome and aluminum. All ready for my trip to Kingston, NY!

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

I put the final touches on my trailer last night. I have for the longest time been using a jack stand to set the trailer on to keep it level with the intention of putting a leveling jack on the tongue. I recently ordered one on fleebay and it arrived yesterday. Now, the jack stand goes where I go and I can keep the coupler and wire harness out of the dirt...

image.php

I thanked mine today for carrying me and my trailer 2551 miles in 16 days through parts of 8 states without even a hiccup. '83 mongrel with up to 125k miles on much of it. ( i think I saw it smile back)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192374#p192374:1wa5x37e said:
slabghost » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 pm[/url]":1wa5x37e]
Wiped the dew off Jewel (the Valk) so she's shiny for my rides today. Low 70's and sunny. Beautiful for riding.
:good:

Blasting around Brisbane industrial areas for work today on an Incredibly temperate winters day. They are forecasting a cold snap tonight and some possible showers tomorrow. I planned to take the Rats Nest again but I may have to be comfortable in those new limousine seats in the RTV.

:moped: I put the Corbin seat that came with the Aspencade (that I am restoring) on the Interstate and went for an 80 mile ride. Found the Corbin to be very comfortable, firm in the right places. It felt so good that I could have road all day.

Had a family reunion last weekend (Folk's 60th anniversary). Took Monday off, my cousin from Phoenix rented a bike and we rode the northwestern section of CT. He was in heaven. Went over (or is it thru) 2 covered bridges and tried to get to the highest point in the state but stopped when the pavement ended.
Cousin Paul:
DSC02077.JPG

Me:
DSCF1501.JPG

He's committed to coming back every year to do this until one of us is too old to hold up a bike.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192549#p192549:84rrwkj3 said:
D-50Dave » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:20 am[/url]":84rrwkj3]
Had a family reunion last weekend (Folk's 60th anniversary). Took Monday off, my cousin from Phoenix rented a bike and we rode the northwestern section of CT. He was in heaven. Went over (or is it thru) 2 covered bridges and tried to get to the highest point in the state but stopped when the pavement ended.
Cousin Paul:
Me:View attachment 1
He's committed to coming back every year to do this until one of us is too old to hold up a bike.
file.php

file.php
:good: :clapping: :moped:

I went single today, starting a new thread in single carb section because I have a couple of questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

After fixing the melt down, replacing about 1 ft of wire soldering the splices the wing was running a bit ruff, Started to pull the plugs and found a plug wire had pulled from the cap. Good time to replace all the plug's caps and wires. Good thing!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170701_125656752.jpg
    IMG_20170701_125656752.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts