What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192652#p192652:7c19jif3 said:
slabghost » Today, 1:46 pm[/url]":7c19jif3]
Looks like the blood sacrifice has already been paid for this job

Seem's all repairs on the old gal demand a sacrifice, it is worth it, Running better than ever now,
Trying to get to the coils with my big paw's without removing the fairing.

I got my fan figured out, a broken wire sure does make a difference in the fan turning on or not...now it's wired up to a toggle switch so I can turn it on when needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm prepping for conversion to an electric fuel pump on my '78. (Going to a GL1200 pump). I bought a base bracket of ebay and will begin gestating on where I'll wire in the pump circuit. I think this won't be a "Y" configuration with the mechanical pump. For now, I'm going all electric. We'll see how it goes.

And do I have to remind you that working in the garage in southern Arizona in the Summertime sucks?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193039#p193039:buvtcmga said:
desertrefugee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 pm[/url]":buvtcmga]
I'm prepping for conversion to an electric fuel pump on my '78. (Going to a GL1200 pump). I bought a base bracket of ebay and will begin gestating on where I'll wire in the pump circuit. I think this won't be a "Y" configuration with the mechanical pump. For now, I'm going all electric. We'll see how it goes.

And do I have to remind you that working in the garage in southern Arizona in the Summertime sucks?
Nope no reminder needed. Hot enough there it probably doesn't help much to wait until midnight to wrench.

2:AM seems to be about as good as it gets lately around here, sweat still pours. :roll: Into your eyes is the worst for me, seems both hands are busy,when it happens. :hihihi:

I liked Ansimp's post and the pictures. I have noticed something lately with the Wineberry Gold
Wings. It seems to me that that paint job, or color, seems to have held up better than others. Most that I see are not restored but still look great. Mine almost looks like a new bike. Maybe it is just me since I have one????

Keep the garage over head closed, :roll: the man door has an old screen door for mosquitoes, :yes: that with a fan is about as good as it gets. :smilie_happy:

Got my son coming by to help decode the wiring colors on the 84 trike. What's the difference between blue/faded yellow and blue/dirty white? Apparently, about 2 angstroms, which I can't see.

Need to tie the rear brake switch into the brake lights and I'll be ready to go, except for the cracks in the fairing, missing body panels, tri-color rear body cover, and a missing radio and speakers.

Latest posts