What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got this one running yesterday

Attachments

• DSCN1215 (450 x 600).jpg
    DSCN1215 (450 x 600).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 74
Hauled the old 83 out of its winter resting spot. Drove it outside and ran it through a few fan cycles to keep the carbs happy. :roll: Gave some thought to making a set of engine covers as I can't find a set of the Markland ones. Put it back in it's spot and plugged in the Tender. Thought about other things I need to do later. Add an LED indicator light to show when the fan is running. Switch the headlight ground wire so it does not need to be on during warm up. Switch the tail light circuit so they are not drawing power during the day. Assuming the other 83 engine is good as I was told this one will stay as is until the other is completed. This one has a recently rebuilt engine I got from glwrench including the stock carbs so it runs great. Just have to put up with the usual spitfest warming up. :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• 101_7655.JPG
    101_7655.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 439
Moved the 1800 and parts of the 1000 around several times in the garage in preparation for plumbing in a new natural gas line to replace the LP we use presently. Life is getting in the way of motorcycle wrenching, I fear.

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

I have pretty much finished modding my cage, it was a 2012 Equinox I bought just before thanksgiving, needed a better AWD for my Alaska winter, after replacing the headlight and fog lamps with newer 55 watt HID lamps and all the other lamps with LED, an additional stereo amplifier and a new set of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires I am satisfied with the results.
Now I can go back to my 95 Aspy sitting in my hot tub room waiting for me to install the rear speakers, the shifter mod, rear LED lights, new grips and a few more things I will consider, granted the roads may not be ready to ride on until late march or april at least I can have it ready to go by then.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105861#p105861:2u704tmm said:
sparrowhawkdesign » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:24 pm[/url]":2u704tmm]
Hauled the old 83 out of its winter resting spot. Drove it outside and ran it through a few fan cycles to keep the carbs happy. :roll: Gave some thought to making a set of engine covers as I can't find a set of the Markland ones. Put it back in it's spot and plugged in the Tender. Thought about other things I need to do later. Add an LED indicator light to show when the fan is running. Switch the headlight ground wire so it does not need to be on during warm up. Switch the tail light circuit so they are not drawing power during the day. Assuming the other 83 engine is good as I was told this one will stay as is until the other is completed. This one has a recently rebuilt engine I got from glwrench including the stock carbs so it runs great. Just have to put up with the usual spitfest warming up. :smilie_happy:
file.php
Spitfest, LOL.

That's been and still is the driving force behind me fine tuning my single.
Spit is a thing of the past.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106049#p106049:37p5g07i said:
Trak » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:33 am[/url]":37p5g07i]
well yesterday,, rode my wing to town :rocks:

:moped: :good: :moped:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106087#p106087:2zwjldfi said:
slabghost » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:05 am[/url]":2zwjldfi]
Hey ansimp has the Rats Nest arrived yet?
Still in LA, hopefully should have a transit date in the New Year.

Looked at it in the garage this morning and thought about riding it to work. If I had not been feeling so sick, I probably would have. 30 minutes after I arrived at work, 2 inches of snow fell... maybe it's a good thing I ouly thought about it.