4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
countryboy843":15l2ahrp said:
OK I have received payments from four people and their pullies will be shipped out this week , I will notify when shipment is made.
Hey Countryboy, what's up man, it's Sunday and no confirmation e-mail....

Countryboy where's my pulley? I paid you and I don't see a confirmation e-mail yet...You said the peope that paid you would have it sent out by the end of last week..Huummm...Respond right away please...

I didn't order anything and do not have any money on the line....BUT......as I read the thread....he is making these himself and might be behind. I do not think this is his primary business (I could be wrong) but would give it a bit more time. I agree a response would be prudent. :help:

countryboy843":32cxsfny said:
OK I have received payments from four people and their pullies will be shipped out this week , I will notify when shipment is made.

May be behind I can go with that. Yes he is making them on his time. I am ok with that.
But do not post they are ready and then we hear nothing.

Now I can be ok with a family illness or somthing tragic

Just saying....

people are always a gamble as is ebay parts also ...i can say ive screwed more than once wing parts...but i can see where an average joe like countryboy has got to have funds to produce and has other challenges also ...like time to use equipment ...im sure hes trying his best ...that obvious from his involment and the posting hes done on the pulley making where others failed ...even if things went totaly bad hes got my respect ...he went in the areana and did his best to get it done :ahem:

CB said he'd notify when they were shipped, so I assume that he has had setbacks & hasn't shipped them yet also he said he'd ship next week but as I don't know (@ this time) when that post was posted, I think some of you are expecting him to ship immediately. I recently bought a cd from Ebay & a week after the payment was made, I got notification that he had just shipped the cd. That was a full week after I had ordered & Paid for it. Countryboy is doing us all a favor. He didn't have to offer to make these for you all so just be patient. He has been around these forums for awhile & I don't believe he would stiff any of us. Ange.

I do agree that CB should reply here to set everyone at ease but remember too that many of us are on the computer regularly, so much so it's a way of life but I know MANY people check their email only once a week if that so I'd give him a chance. He could be having any number of problems life can throw at us at any time.

Whatever...I have a my 4" pulley now...Joe it's beaver built.. :smilie_happy: Dan it's got one more groove than you have heee ha.. :smilie_happy: I'm not worried about this guy anymore, a man is only as good as his word..I told the man I wanted one, I paid him because I gave my word, no other reason..

I paid the first day that was April 09th thats only two (ish) weeks ago.

Lets give him to the Friday May the 4th thats 25 days.

Sorry everyone, I have been working 12 to 14 hours for the last week and a half and trying to find time on one of the machines to get the pullies finished . I plan on having the ones finished this week that have been paid for already. Again I am sorry but I have to work on these off the clock and with the work that has come in it is hard to get time on a machine for other things

I know I don't have a lathe or the knowledge to use one. I do know it isn't a fast process and that machine isn't there just for decoration. The workplace it seems allows him use of it on his time when it isn't in use. He is providing what was asked for at a good price. I'd give him all the time he needs.

I got two v-belt pullies finished today and will get them out as soon as I can get to the post office. Again I am sorry about these delays but I am going as fast as possible on these. I am hoping to have more finished by the end of the week

Countryboy, please change mine to a v-belt as I know they are easier to cut..Thank's and thank you for coming back on here, and we accept your apologes...We are good...Oh hey and Country on mine you don't have to knotch out the back for the bolt head, I don't use a bolt in that hole anyway..

littlebeaver":2u7yfeb9 said:
Countryboy, please change mine to a v-belt as I know they are easier to cut..Thank's and thank you for coming back on here, and we accept your apologes...We are good...Oh hey and Country on mine you don't have to knotch out the back for the bolt head, I don't use a bolt in that hole anyway..

I'm sure on mine I need that bolt in place to pull the cover close to the engine and away from the pulley.

countryboy843":1qzbkes2 said:
I got two v-belt pullies finished today and will get them out as soon as I can get to the post office. Again I am sorry about these delays but I am going as fast as possible on these. I am hoping to have more finished by the end of the week

Countryboy can you let me know when mine gets shipped?

As you guy's are well aware, I'm a crazy nut and a creative SOB, I gonna throw out an option and call it option number 3... but first let's weigh the other options, we can leave the bolt where it is and maybe grind a little off the head or not, my issue with that is this, to remove the cover you will need to remove the pulley, I don't wanna :shock: , Option number 2 is to use a flathead screw but you will still have the problem with having to remove the pulley, so here's my last idea, relocate the flippen hole 1/2" or so from the pulley on the cover, all you would need to do is get creative, bolt a piece of flat stock to the existing hole inside the covers base where it goes originally and locate and drill and tap out a hole for your new location about 1/2" from the edge of the pulley..It will work I'm sure of it, the covers have already been butcherd so what's one more hole right....See you will draw in the cover and still be able to remove it without removing the pulley..

Latest posts