couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just sitting here watching State of the Union talking about Snowdon and I am not certain but I think I heard them say something about new Hooch puppies .... not sure what they meant ...

things seem to be moving along just fine ...seems we found wheel ...and triple tree and bearing ...axcle...so things are looking good ...still need some other stuff and im sure unknown stuff yet to know about but its looking good in the parts department

finally got the dresser stripped ....some pics man a lot of fasteners were trashed ...it don't work to overtighten bolts stronger than the bolt size and metal can resist ...once that happens they get weaker and don't hold as well ....and break at a low damaged level holding power and totally makes screw worthless and the fasten to tight stuff weak and and not strong at all .....and a pain in the ass to take apart
image.php

yep working in the dirt outside doghouse so I can see things never worked on 1200 before needed to see ...been rain on twice so far
image.php

nothing about the bags trunk or mufflers were easy
image.php

image.php

this show broken triple tree ....

Excellent stuff Joe, I do like those racing slicks that you are running :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85645#p85645:112vouct said:
Ansimp » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm[/url]":112vouct]Excellent stuff Joe, I do like those racing slicks that you are running :smilie_happy:

Don't laugh those are imported European racing slicks ........ Baldinies

image.php

pic of just before head removal
image.php

sheesh it didn't look to good ..there was water that came out with rust around ...suspecting it got head gasket blown at this point
image.php

pic of the head on the left side

image.php

pic of right head just before removal
image.php

wow head gasket for sure blown here anti freeze in the cylinder ....first time ive seen head gasket ate up by antifreeze mix ...gasket just flakes apart
image.php

sure was a good move to hooch this bike we went back and forth trying to decide the best path ....leaving the heads on was a boobie trap of a bad gamble to make ....so it was a good day :mrgreen:

Sure is a lot of difference in the condition of the cylinders and heads compared to each other. Wonder if left side was left open to outside water and air like plugs not in there the whole time is was set up.

yep the left side looked like the drain holes were pluged ...the plugs were new it seems ...id say from the looks water probably seeped in aroud plugs that were in with rusted out compression ring eventually letting water in id say ...both plug drains were clogged on that side holding water :headscratch: :mrgreen:

Latest posts