couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well dam im having some issues with hooch ...nothing big I hope ...ive got one carb not working good ...so im going to check it ...taking time off from it with the dresser work

image.php

image.php

man these heads were in bad shape I don't know what kind of goo was used but the heads are basicly being cavman resurfaced .... :builder: :heat: what a job :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :mrgreen:

It doesn't look too caveman to me otherwise it would of been made out of flint! :smilie_happy:

image.php

pic of first set oh heads taken to certain point ....pic of of chamber tool on drill I use ....should have had 8" stone I use for final sufacing ill get that for tony to show him I do use rock in the cave the surfacing :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

image.php

this is a pic of second set of heads ...they too no time at all ...they were lacking gasket tar from hell and its goo came off easy ....also pic of caveman rock tony not flint but rock .....both these sets of heads had places where just clean up alone was not enough ...if one uses touch machines have a hard time completing in fact they cant ...the second set of heads in this pic had chatter marks from machining that just didn't sit well with me im not sure if it was Honda or later ...in any case it was crap job

Two pairs of heads look ready for service again. It would have taken a machine shop several days for the same results.

Thanks Joe for proving your extensive lineage ( Caveman) :good:
One of the best things about this site is the true do it yourself attitude! ( with whatever is handy) :salute:

image.php

carbs shortly after starting of cleaning
image.php

carbs after spider plumbing for 1200 heads is remove
image.php

image.php

first peak at bowls.....opps on the one pic im clueless :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86584#p86584:28xnyd9x said:
backlander » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 pm[/url]":28xnyd9x]:popcorn: :popcorn: Kewl, never thought about using a rock to do that. I likes it.
:smilie_happy: :doh: :hihihi: :yes: (True caveman style!)

image.php

image.php

doing carbs now ...float valves are stuck ...jet clearing ...going on at the moment

hey mike any info inpit on these carbs is welcome not much is known here about 1200 carbs

ive look at one slide so far it was in good shape :mrgreen:

Glad to joe, fire away if you have any questions or pm me. Their basic as far as everything in the float bowl, probably has 105 or 108 main jets. That box on the bottom you took off with the tubes that fit into the head under the intake tubes is the secondary air system, it injects fresh air into the exhaust side to have a longer burn in the cylinder. The valve that's mounted on it is the anti-after-burn valve and the little valve on the other side of the box is the slow air cutoff valve. Floats are set at 7.5 mm from the edge of the flange. Air/fuel screws are easy to get to and adjust, they have a washer, spring and and o-ring behind them, most of time you have to hook the little o-ring out if you decide to replace them. They are way down in there. Reset them to two rounds out to start with.

Latest posts