Post your photo in the banner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scdmarx":2ve4g7ju said:
Can I add my Interstate into the rotation?

Done deal.

I've added a couple bike names in the rotation.

Anyone would like the name of their bike included let me know and I'll make it so.

joedrum":3q7saobr said:
how is that bike doing i havnt herd much lately about it ......that was a heck of a find by your son....isnt it funny how things work out.....i would have never thought a nice 1100 standard would come my way but it did ......and your 83 dresser is just the cream of the crop in my book.....

Well, I haven't gotten much done with it. Right after I got it home we had a substantial change in the household income and we're still scrambling to adjust. Everytime I have a little money left over something comes up. Maybe I just see the things that come up more clearly now that there's less to go around. :)
I made a rule: I'm not selling any motorcycles untill I lose enough weight. :beer: Seriously, we're doing ok, things are just gonna take longer than they used to.

The only thing I've done so far really was to fix the right side mirror so it'll stay put. I go out and start it up about 2-3 times a week just because it sits. But the last couple days I took it out and rode it easy. Yesterday I took your advice and added ATF to the tank and topped it off. (took about 2 gallons) Last night I rode 15 miles each way, and today I rode 20 miles each way.
One of the reasons I'm cruiseing around on it is to put together a grocery list of parts I'll need when I commence tearing this bird down. There appears to be some minor electrical problems that need looking into as well. I'll cross that bridge when I get into that mode. Man, this thing sure cruises nice! I finally know what they mean about forgetting to put your foot down at stop lights. Someday this bike will give me confidence that it's road worthy, and then I'm gonna go somewhere! Maybe to your house! :clapping:

that would be geat by me ....iknow what you mean about funding its not easy but i just go along with the attitude that its going to work out best if i dont worry about it

im glad to hear its doing well and your riding it

Dan,

Can I change my banner photo to this:

Attachments

• Restored 82.JPG
    Restored 82.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 137
It's done, Steve.

Make sure you refresh your browser.

It seems like there was someone else who submitted a photo for the banner in the last few days but I don't see a mesage here or anywhere else. Does anybody remember another?

Took me a while to refind this thread since I finshed the Bike. Here she is Dan, resized to fit.

Attachments

• Bomber! small.JPG
    Bomber! small.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 99
I have some newer photo's but they are all of the left side, I'm backwards I guess..

(post merged from new thread, df)

dan filipi":3advz7gn said:
beav, what was your bike originally? That's what goes in the banner photo.
The cycle originally had the faring on it [interstate] but the guy my brother bought it from took everything off for the naked look, I had to purchase most of the parts you see on it off ebay..It had all the bags and rear box, but no rack for bags..It just needed some TLC..

littlebeaver":uaebh11l said:
dan filipi":uaebh11l said:
The cycle originally had the faring on it [interstate] but the guy my brother bought it from took everything off for the naked look, I had to purchase most of the parts you see on it off ebay..It had all the bags and rear box, but no rack for bags..It just needed some TLC..

On the left side of the steering neck on the VIN plate it will say 1100 A for Aspencade, 1100 I for Interstate, and just 1100 for a Standard.

dan filipi":i8gneyuz said:
littlebeaver":i8gneyuz said:
dan filipi":i8gneyuz said:

On the left side of the steering neck on the VIN plate it will say 1100 A for Aspencade, 1100 I for Interstate, and just 1100 for a Standard.
Oh yeh, it says interstate, it's diffenately an interstate..

Latest posts