1200 getting modded to accept a left rear cam drive for the C5 ignition.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=121933#p121933:jk78kuts said:
dan filipi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 pm[/url]":jk78kuts]
The latest:

Making a stud.

1/2" bolt, cut the head off:

Mill end down to encoder wheel diameter:

2 washers to take up some slack:

Drill and tap that end for a bolt:

Milling 1/2" bolt to 8mm for threading:

Ways to go yet:

Was going good until threading the post, when it snapped.

I know what I did wrong so the next one will be good.

I realize this is a little bit older post but i was scrolling through and saw the struggles of not having a complete machine shop. Just wanted to let yall know, I am a machinist by trade, over 18yrs, and now i teach a high school machining class. I would be happy to help you with any machining or small part manufacturing for the C5 mods. I have 12 south bend lathes, 6 Bridgeport mills, 2 drill presses, 2 shapers (yes i still use shapers), and a multitude of grinding equipment. It has been awesome having the shop for my 76 project bike.

Let me know. We can email sketches and i can ship prototype parts. I am also prety good with my share of garage and shop engineering. I used my shop To repair my carburetor caps, fun stuff

Thats why i threw it out there Dan. I do not have any Cnc equipment so i am a bit limited, but i will do whatever i can. Small parts, turning, threading, drill n tap. You know, the basics is really what is taught in the classes.

I'm not how many people know this because Dan doesn't brag, but our new Gen 4 Goldwing kit (the one that fits 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1500) was first tested using the parts on this thread.
When the meet and greet at Joe's place occurred two years ago, we talked about the pro/cons of various mounting locations. There is no perfect spot, but Dan's test provided us with enough confidence to design the production kit that is about to be made. (no Dan is not getting any royalties for his work).

Bronko37 be careful when talking about all that equipment....you might get roped into future projects!

:builder:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139697#p139697:3rcfl23n said:
C5Performance » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 pm[/url]":3rcfl23n]
I'm not how many people know this because Dan doesn't brag, but our new Gen 4 Goldwing kit (the one that fits 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1500) was first tested using the parts on this thread.
When the meet and greet at Joe's place occurred two years ago, we talked about the pro/cons of various mounting locations. There is no perfect spot, but Dan's test provided us with enough confidence to design the production kit that is about to be made. (no Dan is not getting any royalties for his work).

Bronko37 be careful when talking about all that equipment....you might get roped into future projects!

:builder:

Oh man, helping machine some basic parts to improve the bikes we love so much would just be aweful. I sure would hate to get involved and help out. :smilie_happy:

Latest posts