Littlebeavers Conversion

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":11fbp8ly said:
littlebeaver":11fbp8ly said:
Hey Dan while on the subject of the RR plug there are other hot spade plugs there think I could tap into those like I did the ign. wire, you know , with fused lines, like maybe a red wire spade..I know I can hook stuff at the battery or at the acc. box but this wont over load that area..I bet nobody has ever thought of this before... :hihihi: .

Tap into the RR wires for what kind of load beav?
Oh, I was thinking for something lite like heated gloves or some smaller gadgets that don't require a lot of juice ..

Oh boy, as I said my mission is to make things easy on myself and do the best job I can at it, I want to be the first at doing something too, I fastened the fan motor to the heat shield... using flat stock I was able to put that fan where I wanted to also to get the bottom in closest I could, I made spacer that screws in on the bottom to hold the radiator..So how did I mount it? I took the fan off it's motor and removed it from the frame and then put it fan back on...did away with the fan frame all together, for now...I fastened some flat stock brackets that are now the legs to go to the heat shield , they are about 2-1/2" long on two of them and the top one was 3" to give a little angle. ..I already removed the carbs so I had plenty of room to work from the back of the shield, I wanted something very solid and stout...after bolting it down in three places using bolts and lock washers and nuts, my hand made brackets made the sucker stiff, I have a good 1/4" from the belt and it clears everything... I was able to bring in the bottom of the radiator to about 1 -1/8" that's the best I could do..I should have some good photo's of it soon...something different ya know and exciting :eek:k: ...I have a head ache right now because I bend down and hit the frame with my head pretty good, It's gonna work great, I may remake a safety shield, but maybe not..

Did I hurt the frame you mean the fan frame? Yes I cut the crap out of it ha ha...radiator sure comes off easy now,,for sure...

Oh shoot..I knocked the crap out of my head , the frame can be repaired.. My poor brain is damaged even more now..Bug's...Hey Chas. I thought about what you said about a kit, no I probably won't make a kit but I can learn everyone how I did mine with photo's and all, I'm not saying my way is better but it works good so far, I do not have a welding machine and I have to do things without one so I get creative..If every alternator was the same as mine I might, but they will be different, on those lower spacers for the radiator , I can probably make someone those or the brackets for the fan if they wanted, or the , or the , or the...I have three pulleys and two are 4" and one is 4 1/2" I got off a few Honda cars but I'm using the prelude one, these other one's may require a bushing because the bore hole is larger than 12mm I'll figure something out on the bushing..

well I woke up this morning so I guess I'll live, you know where the steel frame is for the fairing landing, well I got interduced to it but well...man I even said ouch out loud.... :doh: :fiddle: :shock: I might leave it alone for a day..

are you guys using locktight on the crank bolt, might be wise to do so,, and are you tightening the heck out of it in gear? I'm using a 60mm bolt...

Hello guy's I managed to go out and get a few photo's today of my work in progress, in these photo's you will see how I mounted the fan motor to the heat shield using 1" flatstock..Why would I do such a thing, because I know how.. and I didn't have a welding machine to weld the fan frame all back together and such... Here's my photo's from several different views...cool stuff man.. :Egyptian:

image.php

image.php

image.php

In the first photo you will notice two drill holes drilled, see I had to find the sweet spot to clear everything so I had to move it up a little to bring the fan blade down a hair..Got it..third time was the charm, I didn't have to do that on all of them just that one.. :Egyptian: and if anyone ever does this, use self tapping screw to first mount it the adjust it, once you have it remove all the stuff and redrill for your 6mm bolts to fasten it good and use lock washer too. Nobody needs to do this ya know but I like to show and tell. :rocks:Oh man there's that stupid nut I lost in the first photo, I couldn't find that nut for anything man that nut made me crazy and I hit my freakin head looking for it...I take a photo and there it is, the spirits are playing games with me man.. :shock:

Ok guys here is a photo of the spacer I made for the lower radiator, in this photo it was 1-1/4" I reduced it a little later because I was able to go in more...I just don't like crowding stuff..

image.php

image.php

Hey Beav, that rocks :rocks: !! Will that get the rad any closer? Also got a question about the top BRASS adjustment piece?? When you put the fake tank back on, did it hit it?? Keep up the good work :rocks: !! Later :hi: Bob

littlebeaver":2culu60e said:
Ok guys here is a photo of the spacer I made for the lower radiator, in this photo it was 1-1/4" I reduced it a little later because I was able to go in more...I just don't like crowding stuff..
NO PHOTO !!! :thank_you:

badorderbob":3blpyeh9 said:
Hey Beav, that rocks :rocks: !! Will that get the rad any closer? Also got a question about the top BRASS adjustment piece?? When you put the fake tank back on, did it hit it?? Keep up the good work :rocks: !! Later :hi: Bob
No sir I thought of that as I was doing it and it clears it just fine..I tried it and it's close but if the rod is set to high it won't clear it..That was one of my first concerns...Darn good question too..

badorderbob":33hh0yqu said:
littlebeaver":33hh0yqu said:
NO PHOTO !!! :thank_you:
What you can't see my photo there? Oh' and will it bring the radiator closer maybe a little, but I think it's about the same, I didn't feel comfortable not being able to reweld stuff so I just thought of a different way..I want to be free and clear and have a good gap between that belts and the fan for sure too..

Thanks Beav :thanks: ,..Head still hurting :smilie_happy: I see the photos' clearly now :read: !! I like the idea about the spacer :rocks: !! Looks like I'll be incorperating that on my conversion :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: !!! I'm gonna have to start my thread on my conversionb but,..... Saftey First (easier learning from other people) time to get my Hard Hat out!!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Keep up the good work Beav :eek:k: :good: !! Later :hi: :hi: bob

Mounting the fan back looks like a good option but I hope it pulls enough air thru the radiator since the metal around the blades aids in that and the way it mounts against the radiator.

Yes I will come up with something if I have to...I doubt it though...I still have the fans frame and that option is still open,, ha ha what's left of it ha ha...looks like I went a little crazy cutting it up, gives a whole new meaning to chop shop...ha ha

Latest posts