Littlebeavers Conversion

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Wilcoy go face the damage man, and be prepared for the worst, and don't get too upset, it's a minor thing, just a radiator, you can find them on ebay pretty cheap..

littlebeaver":3hjc16y0 said:
Ok, Wilcoy go face the damage man, and be prepared for the worst, and don't get too upset, it's a minor thing, just a radiator, you can find them on ebay pretty cheap..
Tomorrow will be the day I look. Have been busy with all the other things I have put off doing. Glad to see you got your lower spacer.

Well guy's I've been on this computer for a few hours trying to find a 3 rib belt that's 30" and I found it..this should make life easier for the next guy, it's a real pain to find it..first off so everyone know's Toyota's have the 3 rib type pullies on their vehicles.. Ok, it's for a 83-91 Toyota Camry part # 5030300 [Dayco] also if you want a little longer one like Dan has[33"], its for a Toyota Echo 00-05 k030334 I'm thinking if you can find a belt for your conversion from this information you should be good to go..Now I'm glad I didn't weld anything..I'm not buying anything until I recieve my pulley I paid for..

littlebeaver":2si4crk0 said:
Well guy's I've been on this computer for a few hours trying to find a 3 rib pulley that's 30" and I found it..this should make life easier for the next guy, it's a real pain to find it..first off so everyone know's Toyota's have the 3 rib type pullies on their vehicles.. Ok, it's for a 83-91 Toyota Camry part # 5030300 [Dayco] also if you want a little longer one like Dan has[33"], its for a Toyota Echo 00-05 k030334 I'm thinking if you can find a belt for your conversion from this information you should be good to go..Now I'm glad I didn't weld anything..I'm not buying anything until I recieve my pulley I paid for..
A 30" pully or a 30"belt to fit pullies?????

toytender01":333wz4ou said:
littlebeaver":333wz4ou said:
Well guy's I've been on this computer for a few hours trying to find a 3 rib belt that's 30" and I found it..this should make life easier for the next guy, it's a real pain to find it..first off so everyone know's Toyota's have the 3 rib type pullies on their vehicles.. Ok, it's for a 83-91 Toyota Camry part # 5030300 [Dayco] also if you want a little longer one like Dan has[33"], its for a Toyota Echo 00-05 k030334 I'm thinking if you can find a belt for your conversion from this information you should be good to go..Now I'm glad I didn't weld anything..I'm not buying anything until I recieve my pulley I paid for..
A 30" pully or a 30"belt to fit pullies?????
sorry I fixed it Bob..I hit my head remember...???? :smilie_happy:

Hey I'm on a roll I have a lead on 31" and 32" belts as well, the 31" is a goodyear gatorback part number 4030310 and for the 32" it's also a gatorback the part # is 4030320 I believe this will help..I'd like a 31 myself, if I have to change anything..

I am happy to report that the shroud made no difference in the performance test, I do not have a shroud installed, there's simply no cause for it , the fan is so close to the raditaor it made no change when testing it,,, If you wish to compare my fan's cycle time to yours it's 37 seconds then it goes back off once it kicks on..test yours and report back if you wish but I know most of you believe my words..It works just like it did before...I'm happy to report..The rpm"s don't change a lot when revving the engine and that's cool with me..The battery will stay charged well...All I have to do now is put the front wheel and brakes back on and reasemble the rest of the bike and I'm done..We had company this weekend so I couldn't work on it all weekend..I hope you guy's liked my video and I'm sorry about the sound quality, I think the alt. made the video sound bad or something..Too much power man..

Dan that's my pulley I made from the junk yard, 4 groove serpentine, you know with the sockets...you must have missed something man in the 4" pulley post...works good...See you guys have three groove belts I have 4...aaaah...and it's beaver made,,, right,,, right Joe.. :smilie_happy:View attachment 2View attachment 1

So many posts......hard to keep straight sometimes.

Reason I asked is the 4 groove sure looks a lot wider than a 3 groove.

So how about your ratio......crank pulley size and alt pulley size?
It's putting out nice at idle.

Oh I'm gonna smack you for not paying attention,,aaah ha it's 4 to 2 gosh darn it..why I outta..ha ha Dan I have the coolest post man you should always read mine,,,,,,, man..come on....dude...your killing me.. :smilie_happy: It looks large because it is larger I'm sure..works very well..

Sorry, I just needed a reminder :oops:

So are these pulleys a true 4 inch and true 2" for a true 2 to 1 ratio?

Reason I ask is yours is putting out full at idle, that is actually kinda rare.
I'm wondering if your alternator is one of those specials designed to put out full at a lower rpm.

Also, I haven't been able to find a 2" alt pulley for a flat belt.

the Mr. man at the Atl. shop told me it would be better with a 2" on the alt. as I asked for a 2-1/4" it's as it should be, it should be 14 volts at idle, my car is..The bike should be too..I'd say the regulator is working very well because if you see the readings when I rev the engine it doesn't move a whole lot..I'd say if anyone's is reading below 14 volts at idle, the ratio is wrong..

Ok, I'm measureing 2 1/4" on the small pulley, and 4" 1/8" on crank pulley last I looked but the raditaor is on it now and it's hard to see , hey I just let the rmp's drop to about 400 and the number went down to 13.98 so then I took it back to 950 and the rpm's went back to 14.30...I'd say I'm good..Oh hey bro..Think, I don't have the faring on it with no headlamp on...ha ha.. it may drop a little..Once I do that..then again maybe not.. :shock: 55 amps of power it might explode :shock:

Lol, no it won't explode :popcorn:
The only problem you could ever have with the charge is if the voltage goes over 14.8.
Higher will burn up the battery and make bulbs burn out quicker.

I think idle volts will drop some with the headlight on.

thanks again for your photo's Dan and Todd too, And poorman's too...[Over in Bama].. I placed lock tight on that crank bolt and tighten the crap out of it, it may take a impact to remove it now..[Blue lock tight].. Don't guess Countryboy is going to email me..

Latest posts