Thinking solo seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130894#p130894:2w5q64qy said:
dan filipi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:08 pm[/url]":2w5q64qy]
Looks good Brian.

Gee you have snow already aye.

This is way too early for snow, usually don't get it till November. Supposed to warm up starting tomorrow so will go away soon. You should see all the broken trees around here. The wet snow is too heavy for them when they still have leaves.

Brian

Something I should add is that I made another lexan cowl that extends down and in on the sides. With the original one some of the seat pan showed. With the new on the sides are covered plus it will give me option on mounting. Such as a channel attached to the bottom lip that will slide over the lip on the seat pan.

Old cowl

New cowl

I made some small practical refinements today:

I mounted the tail light on the top of the fender rather than on the back of the seat. I didn't like the way I had to unplug the tail light every time I took the seat off and it also required that the existing wiring harness had to be changed a lot. I managed to put the harness back together close to original but I wish I would have done it this way in the first place because I wouldn't have had to change the harness at all. :head bang:

The reason I mounted the TL to the seat was because the seat had to get down in order to slide into the thing at the front. But I found today that, by adding a washer under each of the rear shelter mounts it gave the front seat slider a bit more play so it could be slide at an angle and then down over the TL.

The other thing was that I put the grab rail on. I don't mind the way it looks because it sort of balances out the chrome on the rest of the bike. And you need it to put the bike on the centre stand. :Egyptian:

Just thinking about painting the bike. Not sure if I should paint the cowl too or leave black. Also thinking of covering the cowl with black or gray vinyl with matching colour strip. I mocked some of ideas using PAINT...what do you guys think? I used yellow but could be orange or bright red.

With just shelter and side panels painted

With cowl covered in gray vinyl with yellow stip

With cowl covered in black vinyl with yellow stip

With cowl painted yellow

Came across this picture of a HD XR replica and really liked paint scheme. So I decided to do something similar with my of '82.
I will do the cowl to match with the white strip. Still thinking about the side covers and the way he did the air filter on the XR. I think the orange I am using will be closer to the XR than it appears due to the lighting in my garage.

Shelter

Are there any decal shops around where you live? Sort of like a tattoo shop,is my understanding, have some kind of idea,& get some made.

Latest posts