What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148274#p148274:3ek094r5 said:
slabghost » Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 pm[/url]":3ek094r5]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148236#p148236:3ek094r5 said:
brianinpa » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 pm[/url]":3ek094r5]
I like a two toned paint scheme unless it is all black.
I'm with Henry Ford on color of vehicles. He said customers can choose whatever color they want so long as it's black.
:smilie_happy: :BigGrin:

When it is doen right, it sure is purdy!

got that bolt off of shock,with help of neighbor.getting 1200 shocks ready for the 1100.. :builder: :moped: :salute: :music: the shock bolt on the 1100 final drive backed out of final drive.after 33 years,it took 2 guys to brake it loose.the outer nut was rusted on.would not move.stud is back on the 1100. :head bang: :builder: :crying: :builder: :music:

View attachment 1

Attachments

• connie  garfield 002.jpg
    connie garfield 002.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 112
  • connie  garfield 005.jpg
    connie garfield 005.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 112
Nice work, strange just how tight some people think a fastener needs to be. Some bolts on used bikes have so tight took breaker bar to get lose,& was amazed it didn't ruin the threads. Were probably off on last tire change.

I am tired of taking nuts and bolts off that have been put on by King Kong and not a torque wrench. They are so cheap I have 4, small , medium , large and larger, I never fail to crack a nut or bolt that I have fitted or managed to get off and refitted.

:headbang: I can't believe I didn't spot this earlier...bike died last weekend, starving for fuel I knew, both air lines to the breather box and the air line to the fuel tank were off! Put them back and a whalah, she purrs again! [emoji33]

fitted a new regulator/rectifier to my blue 75. Tony ( ANSIMP ) had a lot of input as far as the type to use. the original setup is separate reg and rectifier . this one does away with the stock regulator, and bolts straight in, in place of the stock rectifier on the side of the battery box.
had to fit a new plug, this one had two plugs. you can see the dialectric grease in it. i left the plug cover off, for some reason.... :roll: ( job for tomorrow ) here is the one i used https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271816496217 ... EBIDX%3AIT ( some would say cheap Chinese , I prefer to say " fully imported, at a competitive price " )
the advantages of this swap are .... less heat generated, constant charge rate at all revs and it's prettier :BigGrin:
image.php

Not only a Mofset r/r but a Motobat AGM with C5 ignition, no spark or voltage problems with the blue 75 :good:

I've been out playing with my 1200 wing. I talked to poorboy himself and the belt is correct but I've got another belt on stand by. I got the cover off the left side so I could get at the alternator and tightened up the belt but its still showing that the battery is charging from idle up to about 1500rpm after that it shows a fault. I'm going to have a friend come over with a better meter and test it for me tomorrow if his meter shows the alternator not charging then i'll pull the alternator and have it bench tested

Latest posts