What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished my shock-exchange/85 1200 shocks on a 82 1100.it sits up great.like 3 inches at 35lbs of air.rides even better.going for long ride today,with wife.had to swap out shock bushings.but that was it.air lines are shorter.i have a u bolt holding air valve,for now.time to detail-it,and ride.. :head bang: :builder: :popcorn: :beg: :salute: :music:.p.s the 1200 shocks are 1.5 inches longer..and the center stand goes so smooth,a kid could do-it.very little effort to put it on center stand. :rocks:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 81
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 83
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148492#p148492:mfm3b5w8 said:
tom foreman » Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 am[/url]":mfm3b5w8]
finished my shock-exchange/85 1200 shocks on a 82 1100.it sits up great.like 3 inches at 35lbs of air.rides even better.going for long ride today,with wife.had to swap out shock bushings.but that was it.air lines are shorter.i have a u bolt holding air valve,for now.time to detail-it,and ride.. :head bang: :builder: :popcorn: :beg: :salute: :music:.p.s the 1200 shocks are 1.5 inches longer..and the center stand goes so smooth,a kid could do-it.very little effort to put it on center stand. :rocks:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

That makes so much sense as I nearly always put the Rats Nest on the center stand and couldn't understand why people needed to drive onto blocks of wood to be able to use the stand. The rear springs have now sagged and I cannot get the bike onto the center stand without putting the rear wheel higher onto a block of wood first.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148522#p148522:27m60foh said:
brianinpa » Mon May 11, 2015 9:52 am[/url]":27m60foh]
Today I realized that the 1200 has self canceling turn signals. Who knew! :Doh2:
Soon you won't be able to ride the 81 without a light to tell you that you are in 5th gear and flashers that turn themselves off :smilie_happy:

ok,went for 30 mile ride with wife for mothers day.went over tracks that blew out on us 3 weeks ago.no-problem,at all rode great.me and wife are 525 lbs plus lower bags.so if you are large,like me you might want bigger shocks.notice I said I was big/not wife...I,ll mount a custom bracket for air valve assembley in bag.but can,t play with fiberglass.thats the only thing I,m allergic too.so its a huge success..for big guys like me..tom :music: :moped: :head bang: :builder: :salute:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 139
That's what all 84 the standards that I have seen have, wonder if faired models were as well? Book says green but the eyes say purple.

worked on my tail light cause she was not working, tried using my multimeter (which I really don't know how to use, and noticed when I touched the leads to the fuse contacts that the tail light lit, so I tried another fuse, no tail light but put the tester back on it and tail light lit, so I cleaned the fuse holder real good and know have tail lights, but noticed that my meter never gave me a reading, I did try it on the battery before I started all this and was able to get a reading of 12.2 on the battery, guess I need some training on using this new toy

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148544#p148544:fprjm3ig said:
Winger 82 » 23 minutes ago[/url]":fprjm3ig]
worked on my tail light cause she was not working, tried using my multimeter (which I really don't know how to use, and noticed when I touched the leads to the fuse contacts that the tail light lit, so I tried another fuse, no tail light but put the tester back on it and tail light lit, so I cleaned the fuse holder real good and know have tail lights, but noticed that my meter never gave me a reading, I did try it on the battery before I started all this and was able to get a reading of 12.2 on the battery, guess I need some training on using this new toy

A couple of fundamental tips on using a multimeter, there are others.

1. If trying to get simple voltage reading: Touch one lead to object you want to check voltage of. Touch the other lead to a good ground. If there is voltage this will read it.
2. If attempting to check for a complete or open circuit, touch leads to each corresponding terminal or for example checking a fuse, touch a lead to each end. A digital meter should zero out or beep if it is good and do nothing if it is open or defective. On an analog multimeter the needle will swing to zero on for the same test of a fuse, but not move if it is open and or defective.
On either meter you will have to select the correct function setting to the appropriate desired test function.

Hopefully these 2 small tips will give you a head start. Multimeters are very useful tools and I have used them in the repair industry for years to accurately troubleshoot and diagnose unseen electrical issues.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148544#p148544:2p005fuy said:
Winger 82 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am[/url]":2p005fuy]

It seems like you are using the amp setting as the volt or continuity setting will not complete a circuit ( faulty fuse/connections now works with meter). If you connect the multimeter to a battery while in the ampmeter setting you will blow up the meter( hopefully only the internal fuse) as this setting is equivelant to a dead short and is only to be used in series of a circuit :doh: :head bang:

Took the bike out Sunday. The coils are NFG cutting in and out but it did manage to get us up the road. Cleaned out the #3 idle circuit so now it idles on all 4 but when you give it the gas you can hear it not firing correctly at higher rpm's. Other than that it runs good. The graphics and striping are going on this week finally. Can't wait. The 77 on the other hand I put the bike in gear and pulled the plugs to see if it would turn the crank over and nope. The tire just go's around so I'm guessing it's the clutchs are wore out. Work is good have a great week..\\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvGnkk3 ... e=youtu.be

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvGnkk37DOc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

rode from Dickson ok. to Foyle by way of Shawnee,,,, over 500 miles! lol,,,, oh,, did I mention,,, SOAR NECK!,,, Also test drove a brand new zero miles 1800 right off the showroom floor,,, might need one of those.