What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the trike build to the point it needed road testing. Put a couple gallons of gas in the tank and watched it make a puddle in the floor. Took the tank off (take the rear end off - 2 hrs work) and found three rust holes in it. Now what?!!

Buy a different tank from EBay, about USD50 including shipping, with no guarantee I won't get another holey tank.

Seal the tank I have with Kreem, pro-seal, Over-kote plus, POR-15, etc.

Haven't had this problem before so I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks;

Tom

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191091#p191091:1xy5qqtx said:
Denver » Yesterday, 7:13 am[/url]":1xy5qqtx]
I must have some sort of allergy to all that wash, wax, buff, stuff!!! :yes: The chances are, if there's a clean area anywhere, it's a piece that's just been serviced (repaired etc). :smilie_happy:A whole day to repair is one thing, but to WASTE a whole day to primp, NO THANKS :rant: :hihihi: :salute:
I never seem to do any repairs, just annual maintenance and ride. This is easily the most time I put into the bike every year. I feel guilty that you guys have to work so hard to get your bikes safe and reliable & I just add gas and go. :oops:

I never seem to do any repairs, just annual maintenance and ride. This is easily the most time I put into the bike every year. I feel guilty that you guys have to work so hard to get your bikes safe and reliable & I just add gas and go. :oops:

What makes you think i spend a lot of time time working on any of my bikes, :mischief: other than the typical, & the neglect of typical maintenance of past owners? :smilie_happy:

Yesterday when I replaced my speedo drive, I found out my cable was also broken. I have heard mixed reviews concerning Saber Cycles, so I found one off of eBay, just to find out when my confirmation email came in I bought from Saber Cycle under a different name. With all the problems I've heard of with them, I sure hope I do okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I installed a thumb switch to control the fan. My oldwing fan kicks in almost on the red area and it freaks me up. So i went with the switch while i change the thermostatic switch or find the permanent solution.

Got The Turd out to the shop Saturday, ready to start rippin the heads off. :yes: Today, I'm out to rebuild the auto fuel valve/petcock on the 1500, hoping to stop a fuel leak AND get a few more mpg out of it. :beg:

Rest up, :good: us old dogs can't run like we used to, :nea: without a few more naps along the way. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191189#p191189:20wqvvx2 said:
Denver » Tue May 30, 2017 4:17 am[/url]":20wqvvx2]
Rest up, :good: us old dogs can't run like we used to, :nea: without a few more naps along the way. :smilie_happy:
+1 Be well soon William..

Well I didn't get my brake light situation figured out yet, but I did put in a new 1157 red LED bulb and mounted my new to me RAM mount.
5f6d48342f48fe52b8cbaaf1de95bfa2.jpg
b46bccb32a2f0a185939b2a717f6f28c.jpg
abf3fdcff1ea859c3d8d232946b6ef36.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

One bike is not enough. At least i need two or three
Today early in the morning, it was 6 am, I started my Yamaha FJ1200 for a corners-ride in the mountains and before the weathers makes me transpire getting too hot I planed to be back home. Well the bike started normally but after aprox. 100 meters the engine went out and didn't restart again. At this point I knew why. The day before I had the tank off for a spark view after an air filter box modification and I did not re-open the gas valve. I re-opened it after the ride. So I decided to push the FJ back to the garage and take my Oldwing for this ride. It's proved, at least I need two bikes! More bikes would be better but the "boss", my wife :) could ask me things like, why do you want another bike? you can only ride one at time! And they are all the same! Yes GL and FJ are the same bikes. Not really. Well if both are ooo (out of order) I can't ride at all. Yes, you're right. You need a 3rd one. Let's buy one... Dreams.
The Ducati Scrambler would be nice and different to the other two. Cool in hot day with no fairing, enough power for distraction. Looks old, it's new. I like the sound Scramblers do.
The Oldwing did the cornering job quite well scratching footpegs left and right. This is music for my ears. I love it to fly without effort and confortably with my flat four.
Greez
Joebarteam
c51ed6a702594003dad91fd3619b4d11.jpg
f730d2a4a5498e53aa6fec9ef6c5ed07.jpg

Not today, but Friday....dropped the 1500 in da mud.... :blush: :rant: :sensored:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191365#p191365:vydgziuh said:
AApple » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:03 am[/url]":vydgziuh]
Not today, but Friday....dropped the 1500 in da mud.... :blush: :rant: :sensored:
So........? I thought girls paid a lot of money for mudbaths to make them look younger? (Although, very few Motocross riders ever look younger after a race!) :hihihi: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191370#p191370:189n8n24 said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:30 am[/url]":189n8n24]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191365#p191365:189n8n24 said:
AApple » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:03 am[/url]":189n8n24]
So........? I thought girls paid a lot of money for mudbaths to make them look younger? (Although, very few Motocross riders ever look younger after a race!) :hihihi: :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I'm fixin' to drop mine in the mud...did an oil change, voltmeter add-on, speedo cable splice, replaced a couple nuts that fell off, and put the wheels and fenders back on the trailer to drive to tennessee on wed and then carlise the next week. I'm sure I'll drop it in the mud at least once in a campground! Maybe I shouldn't wash it as cheap anti-drop insurance, or at least it will be harder to tell when I do :yahoo:

Latest posts