What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along with polishing the oil pickup screen access cover and putting a dab of JB Weld on the Neutral sensor where I had unscrewed it to clean, I removed the water pump cover and gave the impeller the wiggle test. NICE AND TIGHT LIKE WE LIKE IT! :good: :yahoo:

:Awe: Last nite, tried to get to the ignition switch to unplug it, and check for voltage in all the right places...could get to it, but not good enough to get it unplugged....so I said a few choice werds, and went back inside.... :lazy:

Popped my Vetter fairing off to check the wiring for installing a standard headlight and turn signals back on. Decided to take a ride without the fairing! :shock: :Egyptian: :moped:

Whoa.......that bike took off like a rocket!! Taking turns real fast without needing to feel like there is a lead weight over the front end!! Oh my gosh it rode GREAT!!!! :yahoo: :party: :hi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94397#p94397:1bfj9ihg said:
toytender01 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 pm[/url]":1bfj9ihg]
I sat on it and said Varrrrrrrrrrrrrrom, Varooooooooooom. It didn't help!!!!!!!!! :swoon: :swoon:

When I had my bike torn apart, I realized that is times like that when MBS would be helpful. I'm still working/looking on the at second bike.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94298#p94298:3k9hefu3 said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 am[/url]":3k9hefu3]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94292#p94292:3k9hefu3 said:
brianinpa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:13 am[/url]":3k9hefu3]
Finally woke up in the morning and it wasn't dropping moisture from the sky so I rode it to work! :moped:

I got to work and the boss told me that she is going to send me home early too! :mrgreen:
This whole ride to work thing is tough for me.......I work from home now! I guess I should ride around the block a few times to simulate a commute? :smilie_happy:
You could ride a bit to a favorite restaurant for breakfast. Then take the long way home. :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

I did NOT ride Crystal to work today...because she wouldn't start. :shock: Dead battery, but I was expecting this. Dan will remember a call I made to him when I found the battery in serious need of water a few weeks ago. Added the tap water...just the kidding, the distilled water gave it a short charge and all has been well since. Until this morning. For once I had some extra coin thanks to my boss working us like Pharaoh's slaves so instead of just replacing the EverStart with another I spent a few bucks more for a Super Start Platinum+ AGM type battery. I really like this sealed already charged battery, no waiting to ride. The positive cable lead didn't fit around the post like the negative but the battery came with these nifty brass washers shaped like the letter D and now both cables have a nice flush fit.

Oh yeah +1 to O'Reillys Auto parts, they only had them at their superstore way across town, but had one sent over to my favorite location before I got home from work, and even called me to tell me it was there for pick-up. :good:

The old EverStart was very low on water again...do I have a problem?

~O~

I'd check the running voltage at the battery to be sure.
I don't know what 1500's are spec'd at charge voltage wise but anything 14.8 volts and over will overcharge a wet cell battery and boil the water out. AGM's are tougher in this regard.

I sanded my 5 year old clear coat rattle can paint job on my faux tank and side covers and then did a bit of polish!! :shock:

IT WORKS!! The paint polished to a high gloss that I never expected!! (It was a really lousy rattle can job I thought but know I am changing my tune!!) Now to plan the color that I REALLY wanted to paint the bike now that I know I can get a factory looking finish with rattle can!!

Sounds like you could be overcharging or the Everstart had a faulty cell which will cause the same symptoms. Need a multimeter to confirm your charging voltage.

rode the 83 std to pops on 66, a local hotspot for weekend bikers and travelers touring 66.
many brands of sodas.may take her out later when it gets a little cooler.rode the Valkyrie yesterday to the
same place.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94603#p94603:3majvzeb said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:29 pm[/url]":3majvzeb]
i looked at my wing all covered up, i think its still under there
Somebody could have replaced mine with a bunch of boxes, Been too hot to ride for a week or more.