California meet and greet March 20th 2010

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sidecarsusie":m8bwo0wa said:
Anyone going thru Mojave, we could meet up at 'Primos' and continue on from there.... I know the roads pretty well in that area...

We'll probably be ready to take a butt break just about there. I'm also assumeing that's the last gas for awhile as well?

I don't know those roads at all. Gas is the only thing I've ever stopped at Mojave for. I used to have kin out in Victorville. But they're in Oklahoma now. So I don't think I've even been to Mojave in about 13-14 years. It would be nice to have a tour guide.

You are right about the butt break... and the gas... so how about meeting at McDonalds? Easier if headed for petrol establishments. There is petrol just off the highway going towards Cal City, and petrol in Johannesburg (I think, used to be anyway) and maybe petrol at the Jawbone store. Coming from Barstow, Kramer Junction (58 and 395) is a good place to top off and do a walk-a-bout.

I'll have to bow out; Julian tech day for KLRs. I don't go to wrench, I go to assist.

MSGT-R":1mzcrkvl said:
I'll have to bow out; Julian tech day for KLRs. I don't go to wrench, I go to assist.

That's too bad but it sounds like fun!

How is everyone else looking for the 20th, can we lock it down?

Randsburg1.jpg
Randsburg2.jpg
RandsburgMarilynsHouse3.jpg
Randsburg4.jpg
Randsburg5.jpg

Thought you might like to see some of the local establishments in Randsburg.
susie

Well shucks! Now that we've already seen everything... :)

Looks mellow. Hope the sky looks like that when we get there. I'm getting antsie. I keep looking at the map. I see Mojave has a new section of freway added since I've driven through there last. Man, I need to get away more often!

Hey, about your friends house, did he build it himself? Was there a permit? Has it been retrofitted? :salute:

Highway 58 does by-pass Mojave... but we don't want to. Especially if you want to top off... we take 14 out of Mojave.
I would probably take the old road in to Mojave...

Latest posts