California meet and greet March 20th 2010

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have seen a couple feet of snow in Mojave,,,, strange sight to see snow on the Joshua trees. Lot of skiing in
Mammoth and the Sierras and Mojave is on the track to such places....on the eastern Sierras.... have skated on iced streets a time or two... but it doesn't last long.... ;-}

Sounds good to me, but must warn you,,, My computer club has had weatherman Fritz Coleman and Josh from Channel 9 give presentations at our meeting.... both at different time said, the only guarantee that the weather will be close to the prediction is 3 days.... beyond 3 days things can really change.... but let's hope not.

The final meeting place will be Ransdburg, an old mining and living ghost town at 11 AM Saturday March 20.
Randsburg should make for a fun afternoon, much more interesting than Barstow.

Susie and I are leaving my house in Reseda at 7:30 AM the 20th taking the 14 to Mojave.
We will meet up with scdmarx in Mojave at the McDonalds about 10 AM,
Gas up and continue on 14 to Redrock Randsburg Rd.
We should arrive in Randsburg at 11-11:30 AM.

Bike...and Dennis from the Saunder's forum will connect up with us somewhere along the line, not sure yet.

The final meeting place will be at the park next to the museum, 11AM.
It's a small town but look for Susie's black sidecar.

Everyone should have my cell number already, if not send me a PM.

Hope to see you all there!

kah92340":9wtrzwz0 said:
That sounds like fun I'll be there. :grin: It's only about 80 miles from the house.
Kim

Great, looking forward to meeting you Kim!

I'll PM my cell number

Have camera will travel.... the wild flowers are popping out as well. Should be a colorful weekend.
The remnants of an old ore processing town is in the area as well, 'Garlock' .

sidecarsusie":2m9izkef said:
Have camera will travel.... the wild flowers are popping out as well. Should be a colorful weekend.

Here's what we have after the rains,

crw0025.jpg

crw0020.jpg

crw0017.jpg

crw0035.jpg

A great day with friends and new friends.... weather couldn't have been better..... well, maybe if all the flowers were out, but there were a few. The trip Thru Burro Schmidt mine/tunnel, was an added attraction, photos to follow at a later date.... Even got a tour of the non permitted house....

Strange, all my pics from that area yesterday have a lot of purple in them. as well as pictures that were on the stick from a few days before which werent that way before. Magnetism in that area?
What else might cause this?

IMG_1050.JPG

dan filipi":2nm4502n said:
Strange, all my pics from that area yesterday have a lot of purple in them. as well as pictures that were on the stick from a few days before which werent that way before. Magnetism in that area?
What else might cause this?

I kinda think we were too far from area 51 for magnetic forces to be of any concern.
Moisture, temp/humidity changes in the trunk, processor in the camera, bad roll of film ...? Could be any combination of things.

The good news is, "Photoshop is your friend". :music:
Cyan is the opposite of red. "Cyan.....|.....Red".
Mess with it and find the "happy middle" that looks good to you.
img1050lk.jpg

FWIW, I think you have an interesting view finder. ;)

Latest posts