Single Carb Conversion: Adapt the stock plenum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Joe,

Always better to have stuff done before you need it.

I had a contractor at the house today, so i had to baby sit the contractor, so not much to report, today.

But I have Sat & Sun, to work like a Pi$$ed off Savage, so that is what I will be for the week end.

Then Monday I have another contractor, schnitz!!

Not much will get done on Monday, then no more contractors for a t least a few days, so I can so focused.

And be the mad savage again, i look forward to it.

good luck trying to top this mod :shock: :builder: :whistling: :popcorn:
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97651#p97651:oss21tc2 said:
joedrum » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am[/url]"]pics
image.php

image.php

image.php

more pics
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

well this project has made a turn .. it is now going to sort the 32-34 ....24-26 ..weber carb...this carb is really to big but also really close ...

hooch ran really well with this carb ...so it going to get a try maybe

the carb looks as though it will barely work if at all

but the carb fit this way only ..as west said I can turn it but then it faces back for throttle pull ...

one bolt in the carb and air box has to line up

it pretty much has to mount as it is :laptop: :mrgreen:

Joe

What carb is that perched on the wicked looking manifold you got there?

never mind Just read what carb that is.

well I am having rough time trying to get throttle butterfly's out of the dam carb bodies ... I didn't have to pic the worst possible condition carbs to do this ....now im paying the price .... yes west this is the 32-34 ....24 -25 carb ....it has no power enricher valve on it at all ...it also has vented top ....when this carb was on hooch the power was scary to say the least .......so this carb is completely strait carb with only added feature is accelerator pump .....I plan on trying this on the hooch out dresser if I can ever get things done with destroying the carb bodies .....this weber just barely fits the stock plenum opening ...so not sure how all this will work in frame maybe today ill have it figured just not nuch adjustment room at all :builder: :mrgreen:

So if you have the carb facing the right way for your throttle pull, then just turn the plenum back wards. so the back is now the front, that moves the carb forward, so it wont hit the rear frame.

Tom must be getting a Lot of Carb orders for Goldwings.

Cause i noticed that he now has them listed as a Single carb, before they were listed as dual carbs only.

Joe,

here is a Link to Toms site.

Place the order online then Tom will call you, to complete the transaction over the phone and get a credit card number.

You can buy what ever you want, but below is what I ordered.

1. 32DFT Carb. SKU 08-8011
In stock
$90.00 Carb.

2. Air filter SKU 08-5002
Air Cleaner, Rectangular 4.5" X 7" X 2.5"H
In stock
this comes with a Crank case breather fitting for bottom of air filter plate
this looks like a K&N knock off, probably a Chinese imitation, (with 6 you get egg roll)
$23.00

This item is ordered verbally with Tom
3. Carb adapter this is a alum. plate that fits the 32DFT carb. I modded this plate to fit the lower Air filter plate above, this transitions the 32DFT carb to the 32/36DGV air filter
$10.00 it comes with Air filter adapter alum plate and Large O-Ring to seal carb to air filter, threaded aircleaner rod & Nut, and a Wing nut.

https://www.angelfire.com/tx2/ntnb/Carb_Instructions.htm

Power has been out all day windy here tree knocked down a power pole.

But I knew what happened my return trip from the store had traffic stopped.

I immediately drove on the other side of the road up to the problem to see if i could help.

That giant tree was completely across a wide two lane road, lucky it broke into a lot of smaller pieces, and did not hit anyone.

I jumped out of the car so did about 5 other guys we had that cleaned up in no time.

The tree broke a Power pole and took out the power so no power, all day, till just now.

So no work today, But at least No one got electrocuted by the broken/fallen power pole or hit by that giant tree.

I would say it was a good day

West, I work for Frontier as a telephone repair tech. I am around downed lines alot. Dec 06 we got hit real bad with trees down everywhere. I was 25 miles out in the sticks when the winds started. I started to head back to the shop at about 3 PM and at midnight I had made it out to the main highway. I had a bucket truck and a chainsaw and cut over 100 trees off the power/telephone lines. My special voltage detector got a work out that night. I had over 20 guys with saws and trucks helping to get out. 12 days of no power was normal.

I have to say it, be careful around downed lines. I will not work around them without one of these: https://www.flukenetworks.com/datacom-ca ... e-Detector