What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked my buddies 95th anniversary HD...jumped on the bikes (mine 83 GL 1100) while cruising at 40mph....he was outta sight when i looked back....he did find me at restaurant, only because he knew where to go! Now he's yapping how he can't beleive those old wings can get up and go!!! Ahhh sweet victory!!!!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92439#p92439:1w1kjfv9 said:
brianinpa » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:57 am[/url]":1w1kjfv9]
Rode it to work after filling it up with my first tank with ATF in the gas.

+1

Rode Crystal to work this am. It's finally cool in the mornings here in the high desert, 102F after work but we all know that aint nuthin.

~O~

Decided to put it back together and ride it while waiting 3 days for a temp sender to arrive. Ran the engine while putting cooling system back on line and the temp gauge started working...go figure.

Rode it to Lost Wages (Vegas ). We are finally on our trip with major revision. Hope to make Durango tomorrow. Trying to keep up with Kim I was up close to 7000 rpm at times, mainly cruising at 6000 rpm which does consume lots of fuel. We didn't get out of LA until 4pm and I seem to take the scenic route at every opportunity(lost) :moped:

rode the 83 std 15 miles for a cup of coffee then back home to mow the lawn while it was seill cool,
having good weather this august for Oklahoma SURPRISE SURPRISE the grass is still green here. this dosent happen
very often.going to ride her to my sons to feed his dog while he is out of town.
don

Rode to work and back, but won't be on two wheels for the next several days. Trying to recover from a head cold, and I have to drive from work tomorrow 6 hrs to Meridian, MS for a cousin's funeral (he was one of the Greatest Generation - WWII and two tours in Korea) on Saturday. Our family seems to only gather when one of us is laying in a box. I love 'em all though!

Finally got the false tank off her tonite and now I be chasin wires :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:
OOOh :sensored: just found that the tach cable's twisted off, maybe it's time to look for a 1500 :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Put a proper screw in my iPhone dash mount so it would stop falling out and then rode it like I stole it..

Finished my special trailer wiring harness, when I want to pull the trailer, I simply unplug the saddlebag connectors, plug in the Hoppy converter, plug up the trailer, keeps amp draw down and easily moved to another bike. Bought and installed a new battery. Going for a ride tomorrow.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and the sight of lightning, so I just looked at it as I backed the Jeep out of the driveway. The Jeep has been getting lonely though for quite some time.