Average 35 MPG ? (How to increase fuel MPG)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omega Man":270imyas said:
Really, 8oz. atf in a single tank? That seems like a lot.

~O~

8 oz in 5 gallons is a pretty small amount.

I rode around town (25 miles) the other day and see no ill effects, actually bottom end torque feels smoother and stronger.
Gonna try to get out for a ride this weekend to check mileage over 2 tanks.

Dam...Imma gonna hafta try this out. If I could only find someplace to get some ATF...hmmmm :headscratch:

:mrgreen:

AApple":c69r0fgr said:
Dam...Imma gonna hafta try this out. If I could only find someplace to get some ATF...hmmmm :headscratch:

You must have that stuff coming out of your ears (literally)

So since Joel is a tranny dude I think he should send us all a quart of the good stuff to try in our bikes, shall we vote on it?

dan filipi":1jy06lin said:
AApple":1jy06lin said:

So since Joel is a tranny dude I think he should send us all a quart of the good stuff to try in our bikes, shall we vote on it?

tumunga":3b4615mo said:
I just put 8-10 oz of ATF in my tank.

I hope this ain't no belated April Fool's prank, and I end up turning my engine into a molten pile of aluminum...

:Doh2: :yahoo:

Nah, I wouldn't let anything like that happen Eric.

This is for real.

yes you caught me ....iwork for honda and this is the plan to get rid of all the old wings ....it to late to save your wings HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tricked dano to

dan filipi":117us8y4 said:
AApple":117us8y4 said:

I agree! :yahoo:

:shock: :eek: :( :swoon: :nea:
I demand a recount!!! I see hangin chads(sorry, Chad)!! Call the Supreme Court!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

The "good stuff" is around $8/quart!(plus shipping) :mrgreen:

I will offer this advice on good/bad fluids....don't buy any of it that says "Reformulated", or "Re-refined"...all that is is used oil that has been filtered, and distilled. The base oils are long gone in that stuff. It's ok if you're sitting on the side of the road and just need to get home, but other than that.... :nea: I can't see that crap being any better for use as a fuel additive as is suggested in this thread. Any name brand should be fine, and I doubt that there is much difference between formulas(Dextron, Mercon, Mopar, etc) for this purpose.
I will be trying it(the "good stuff") in mine tomorrow. :music:

got me interested too..
8oz. of ATF in a fresh tank of premium.. 93
we'll see how it goes.

I also installed a K&N this spring. but mine seems to fit nicely.
I will however make a couple new holes on the airbox... and make it breath a bit better..

on a side note
I drove a friends 1500 to the local Honda shop yesturday(so they could sell it for him)... he told me "jump on it" and bragged about how well it run...
He also argued with me about his 1500 being faster than my 83... LOL
too bad his knees in bad shape, I'd let him ride a real bike... :D

thats funny...obviously you ran the 1500 enough to tell ??? my mongruel 1050 is fast when i want it to be....ive had no problem riding with any wing or harley but my daughter got a gxr 600 suzuki thats just mean with no other attitude ....just a flat out racing machine straits or corners.......

dose anybody know if the 1200 rotates with a wrench like the 1000 and 1100 do????? just curious in turning the motor by hand when its out .....the motor has everything but carbs so if there is a problem in putting on 1000 heads on i have the 1200 heads.....75 1000 cams and carbs are great but i mostly like the ignition set up the biggest reason i want to make the switch .....its just more flexable i like the timing advance set up the wide adjustment for timing and the flexability of points or electronic ignition capability ......so thats my thinking on this mod......

i just got imformation on how the the refineries are cracking the oil differently to make gas that delutes the amont of energy it has to a point where it wont hardly work in gas engines without refortifying it with additives to get it to work in engines barely .....these additive evaporate out of the gas on a timely bases ......so people cant hord gas for long periods without it becoming almost useless for gas engines.....there still tweaking the cracking proccess so much that gas of just 2 yrs ago was aleast 10 perchent better than todays gas....as the information went what there striping is the heavy oil content of the gas ........

makes alittle sense that putting heavy oil content back in the gas reverses this proccess and makes it more like the gas of the day when theses bikes were made ....if they keep going in this direction carb engines wont work at all ......

just some info .........

Latest posts